The Art of Character: Creating Memorable Characters for Fiction, Film, and TV - David Corbett.epub

seeders: 2
leechers: 2
Added on November 26, 2015 by ZamKhanin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

The Art of Character: Creating Memorable Characters for Fiction, Film, and TV - David Corbett.epub (Size: 473.45 KB)
 The Art of Character - David Corbett.epub473.45 KB

Description

Former private investigator and New York Times notable author David Corbett offers a unique and indispensable toolkit for creating characters that come vividly to life on the page and linger in memory. Corbett provides an inventive, inspiring, and vastly entertaining blueprint to all the elements of characterization-from initial inspiration to realization-with special insights into the power of secrets and contradictions, the embodiment of roles, managing the "tyranny of motive," and mastering crucial techniques required for memorable dialogue and unforgettable scenes. This is a how-to guide for both aspiring and accomplished writers that renders all other books of its kind obsolete.

Reviews
“Both inspiring and practical, The Art of Character belongs on every writer’s shelf. David Corbett brilliantly illustrates those elusive tools writers need to breathe life into their characters with greater confidence and deeper insight.”—Cara Black, bestselling author of Murder at the Lanterne Rouge

"David Corbett's The Art of Character belongs on every writer's shelf beside Elizabeth George's Write Away and Stephen King's On Writing. An invaluable resource for both the novice and the experienced novelist, it's as much fun to read as a great novel."—Deborah Crombie, author of No Mark Upon Her

"David Corbett is a guy who knows his business. Reading this book, I learned things I didn't know and was reminded of ones I did. I recommend The Art of Character to every writer, at any level."—S. J. Rozan, award-winning author of Ghost Hero

“Indispensable. Few are the writer’s guides that are written as beautifully, cogently, and intelligently as a well-wrought novel (or a well-rendered character) itself. This is one of those books.”—Megan Abbott, Edgar Award-Winning author of The End of Everything and Dare Me

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
473.45 KB
seeders:2
leechers:2
The Art of Character: Creating Memorable Characters for Fiction, Film, and TV - David Corbett.epub