The Battle Behind Bars - Stuart I. Rochester [EN PDF]

seeders: 24
leechers: 2
Added on October 10, 2015 by perfect_stanin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

The Battle Behind Bars - Stuart I. Rochester [EN PDF] (Size: 2.71 MB)
 The Battle Behind Bars - Stuart I. Rochester.pdf2.71 MB

Description

The Battle Behind Bars
Navy and Marine POWs in the Vietnam War
by Stuart I. Rochester

It was fitting that the senior officer aboard the first plane to land at Clark Air Base in the Philippines following the release of the American prisoners of war from Hanoi in 1973 was a naval officer. When a thin, wan Captain Jeremiah Denton descended the ramp to a bank of microphones and uttered the poignant words, “We are honored to have had the opportunity to serve our country under difficult circumstances,” he spoke for the entire body of comrades who over the past decade had endured the longest wartime captivity of any group of U.S. prisoners in the nation’s history. But no servicemen suffered through a longer, rougher captivity, or played a more prominent role in the leadership and life of the American-occupied prison camps in Southeast Asia, than the veteran Navy and Marine POWs among the Operation Homecoming returnees. They comprised a high percentage of the early captures, dominated the ranks of the early seniors, and contributed vitally by deed and by example to the high standard of conduct and resistance that so distinguished the POWs of the Vietnam War.

Enjoy and please SEED!!!

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
2.71 MB
seeders:24
leechers:2
The Battle Behind Bars - Stuart I. Rochester [EN PDF]

All Comments

goodgood