The Best Bits Of The Late Show (Aussie Comedy)

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on December 27, 2014 by MoofieManin TV
Torrent verified.

The Best Bits Of The Late Show (Aussie Comedy) (Size: 8.61 GB)
 The Best Bits Of The Late Show - Volume 3.mp43.2 GB
 The Best Bits Of The Late Show - Volume 2.mp42.2 GB
 The Best Bits Of The Late Show - Volume 1.mp42.09 GB
 The Extra Bits.mp41.11 GB

Description

The Late Show was a popular Australian comedy show, which ran for two seasons on ABC-TV from 18 July 1992 to 30 October 1993.

The Late Show has its roots in the 1980s comedy group, The D-Generation. Consisting mostly of Melbourne University students, The D-Generation managed to gain a cult following with their radio and TV appearances.

After the breakup of the original 'D-Generation', some of the members went on to perform on the commercial TV program Fast Forward. The remaining members filmed several pilots for what was to be called The Late Late Show at Channel Nine. These were rejected, and so the group accepted the ABC's offer of a one-hour timeslot on Saturday night. The cast members were: Santo Cilauro, Tom Gleisner, Jane Kennedy, Judith Lucy (second season only), Tony Martin, Mick Molloy, Rob Sitch and Jason Stephens.

Highlights of the show (and regular popular sketches) were The Late Show Headlines, Street Talk, Shitscared, Bargearse, Pissweak World, Charlie The Wonderdog (and The Pissweak Kids), Graham And The Colonel, The Oz Brothers, The Olden Days and Shirty The Slightly Aggressive Bear, most of which feature in this corker of a compilation. In addition, there are numerous hilarious sketches and ad-libs performed by these very talented, funny and creative comedians.

The video is x264 @ 3000 kbps with a resolution of 720x576 (as it was recorded for 4:3 televisions before 16:9 became dominant). So, the vision looks as good as the original DVD's. I remastered the audio to level it up, then amplified it to -2dB to ensure good solid sound playback on all devices. Audio is captured @ 448 kbps (AC3). The container is MP4.

These are very high quality, all digital reproductions of The Best Bits Of The Late Show. Whether you're an Aussie or not, I reckon you'll love this stuff, get a laugh and remember how politically incorrect the world used to be. Enjoy!

Cheers,
MoofieMan.

P.S. Thanks to Wikipedia for the historical information.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
8.61 GB
seeders:1
leechers:0
The Best Bits Of The Late Show (Aussie Comedy)

All Comments

Thanks fellow KAT-ite. I appreciate that, as will anyone else who wants this great stuff. Unfortunately I don't possess the full run on DVD, just these 'Best Bits Of...'. If the other anonymous poster made their identity known, or joined the site and UL'd them, that'd be great. I wasn't even aware that the full run was available (pardon my ignorance). Great to read your post, though and have a happy new year!
OMG!!! That is AWESOME news! I'll definitely keep my eye out for them. I will DL with joy and seed it back with as much joy. I'm sure they'll be fine condition-wise (I know what you mean about the nightmares though). Good onya for getting in contact and mentioning this. I hope the other interested party reads this too. You could have a real winner on your hands there! I'll also watch out for the radio audio you mentioned. That'd be good to hear their live radio show.

Funny you should mention the Schwarzenegger/Martin reference - that's where I adapted my pseudonym 'MoofieMan' from - his new book 'A Man And His Moofies'. That was a crackup.

OK, keep me posted either through this page or PMming. I look forward to whatever you can recoup! Cheers, MoofieMan.
By the way - special thanks goes to everyone who keeps seeding this torrent after they have finished downloading. It's a pretty big torrent and I sure can do with the help! Thanks seeders.
Yes, it was a good time for Oz comedy. The late 80's and early 90's were sophisticated but not stifled by political correctness. I think true comedy comes from taking the mickey out of the differences between people and, these days, such things are not tolerated so much. People need to laugh at themselves - not take it all so seriously. Importantly, while The Late Show picked on other nationalities or whatever, it still took the mickey out of Aussie culture and we could laugh freely at ourselves. Truly CHAMPAGNE COMEDY!