The Black Death - History's Most Effective Killer by Henry Freeman {BinanGotit}

seeders: 42
leechers: 6
Added on July 9, 2016 by BinanGotitin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

The Black Death - History's Most Effective Killer by Henry Freeman {BinanGotit} (Size: 1.78 MB)
 metadata.opf1.28 KB
 The Black Death (cover).png395.96 KB
 The Black Death_ A History From - Henry Freeman.epub260.94 KB
 The Black Death_ A History From - Henry Freeman.mobi357.92 KB
 The Black Death_ A History From - Henry Freeman.pdf807.62 KB

Description

The Black Death: History's Most Effective Killer

by Henry Freeman (Author)

{BinanGotit}

Format: epub / mobi / pdf converted from epub

Product Details

Paperback: 44 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (February 17th 2016)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1523951060
ISBN-13: 978-1523951062

The Black Death

Sweeping across the known world with unchecked devastation, the Black Death claimed between 75 million and 200 million lives in four short years. In this engaging and well-researched book, the trajectory of the plague’s march west across Eurasia and the cause of the great pandemic is thoroughly explored.
Inside you will read about...
- What was the Black Death? - A Short History of Pandemics - Chronology & Trajectory - Causes & Pathology - Medieval Theories & Disease Control - Black Death in Medieval Culture - Consequences Fascinating insights into the medieval mind’s perception of the disease and examinations of contemporary accounts give a complete picture of what the world’s most effective killer meant to medieval society in particular and humanity in general.

Top Customer Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars
A lot of Information packed into a quick read
By Vicki Goodwin on February 23, 2016
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
This was a great opportunity to read about the Black Plague. There were things in the book that I never knew. In fact there was a lot of facts that were new to me. It is a good quick read. It covers the numbers of deaths all over Europe and into Asia. I did not know that there were recent outbreaks.

4.0 out of 5 stars
Nicely written, but extremely short history on the plague...wish it had been longer!
By K. L Sadler VINE VOICE on March 15, 2016
This was a very short history about the Black Plague in the Middle Ages. I knew it was going to be short, but I was still disappointed because most of these writers of short histories are not great writers anyway...but Freeman was pretty good, and I liked the research he did. Several of my favorite science writers, especially in medical science have died...so I'm always on the outlook for someone new in this are who is not only capable of the research necessary to make the book interesting, but also a good writer. So it bugs me a little that I found one who writes very short histories in this area.
Sigh...
I learned some new things in this history about the plague that I didn't know. That's definitely something I want in these books. Good information on some of the possible medical theories still out there on exactly what this plague was, because the current bubonic plague doesn't have what is known as the 'kill rate' that the bubonic plague had in the Middle ages.
I highly recommend this book if someone wants a quick understanding of the plague. Now I have to go find another more in-depth book on it because my curiosity has been aroused.

4.0 out of 5 stars
The black death
By V. E. M. on April 23, 2016
A short but comprehensive review of the terrible contagion that devastated many parts of the world, Europe being the civilization most affected in terms of its future development perhaps because of its more dynamic nature. I have read that recent studies have cast some doubts as to rats being the only carriers of the plague. Overall a good book to read for those interested in which historical factors influenced the development of Europe. Other more static civilizations remained in their long term conditions even after the immense loss of lives caused by the passage of the plague. Not so Europe.

About the Author

Henry Freeman is an author and archaeologist. He has a passion for history and loves to travel the world exploring various historical sites. Henry graduated from the University of Cambridge with a double major in History and Archaeology and shortly after that started his career as an archaeologist. After traveling the world getting first-hand experience with history, Henry was determined to take up his dream of becoming a best-selling author.
He decided to partner up with the newly formed publishing company Hourly History writing short, concise and straightforward history books that never takes more than one hour to read.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.78 MB
seeders:42
leechers:6
The Black Death - History's Most Effective Killer by Henry Freeman {BinanGotit}