The Blob 1958 BrRip Mp4 Lee1001

seeders: 25
leechers: 12
Added on June 18, 2014 by xultin Movies
Torrent verified.

Available in versions: 1080p720pBDRipHDRiPDVDRip

The Blob 1958 BrRip Mp4 Lee1001 (Size: 581.57 MB)
 The Blob.mp4581.57 MB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.ph.txt46 bytes

Description

The Blob 1958 BrRip Mp4 Lee1001

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051418/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blob

Every year the town where The Blob (1958) was created Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, people come together to celebrate the movie! To document it all, James Rolfe records it all for all of us to enjoy.

http://loyalkng.com/2010/12/31/blob-tow-1958-documentary-phoenixville-pennsylvania-by-james-rolfe/

An amorphous gob of cherry-red jelly threatens to engulf a hicksville US town - and only Steve McQueen, playing a wrinkly looking teenager, stands in its way

Arriving from outer space (for which read Russia), a large ball of interstellar snot terrorises a small American town by eating everything in sight. McQueen turns in a commendable performance as the (not so) young rebel without a car, who attempts to alert his townsfolk to the threat of the amorphous alien, demonstrating in the process that tearaway teens can still be steadfast, loyal and true when the shit comes down. Despite producer Jack Harris' pooh-poohing of the 'political subtext' theory, rampant Commie-phobia pervades as the ever-redder blob sucks the life-blood out of every sacred American institution, climaxing in a truly marvellous scene in which the enemy within devours an entire diner, over easy, with a side salad and fries to go.

worldsofdarkblue from Toronto 8 January 2006:

This movie is of almost generation-defining importance to some of us born in the early post-war years in that (and especially if you were born between 1946 and 1953 and loved spending Saturday afternoons at your neighborhood movie house) you almost certainly saw it. And the memory of seeing it has probably stayed with you. It's style is the stuff of a brief and somehow gloriously exciting moment in our growing up days.

It had a modern, space-age storyboard for the audiences of it's time. The set was any town with a supermarket and a movie theater that would be packed for a Friday midnight show. It has hot rods and rebellious youth, but in the 'why can't they let us have fun' way rather than the disturbed, histrionic rebel-without-a-cause way. All characters were identifiable to us - teens, parents, the old man, the doctor, the nurse, the mechanic, the boy, the puppy, even the cops - were sympathetic to us. We could relate to them all

It had a singularly horrifying monster. It's first victim is heard moaning 'it hurts.....it hurts' and we were convinced and frightened. The menace grows continually throughout the story. There are intense periods of suspense, colourful effects, a fabulous lead in McQueen, and moments of humour, both intended and not. It even had an almost over-the-top sad part to make the more sensitive of us feel like crying.

I saw it in summer, age 9 or so, double billed with 'I Married A Monster From Outer Space', and was so thrilled by the experience of this particular double feature that I went back a couple more times before it left. Everyone I knew saw it. Everyone I knew loved it.

VIDEO

Size.... 581mb

Duration.... 01:23:12

Codec.... avc1

Frame Width..... 716

Frame Height.... 432

Data Rate.... 890kbps

Frame Rate.... 23F/S

AUDIO

Bit Rate.... 81kbps

1 Channel mono

Audio Sample Rate.... 48KHz