The Culture of Fear: Why Americans Are Afraid of the Wrong Things (2010) by Barry Glassner {ePub, Mobi} [Dr.Soc]

seeders: 28
leechers: 3
Added on January 17, 2016 by Dr.Socin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

The Culture of Fear: Why Americans Are Afraid of the Wrong Things (2010) by Barry Glassner {ePub, Mobi} [Dr.Soc] (Size: 1.02 MB)
 The Culture of Fear_ Why Americans Are Afraid of.epub418.5 KB
 The Culture of Fear_ Why Americans Are Afraid of.mobi627.59 KB

Description

How to use:
*Open it with any E-Book Reader (Adobe Digital Reader, Calibre, iBooks etc.)

The Culture of Fear: Why Americans Are Afraid of the Wrong Things: Crime, Drugs, Minorities, Teen Moms, Killer Kids, Mutant Microbes, Plane Crashes, Road Rage, & So Much More

Author: Barry Glassner
Paperback: 360 pages
Publisher: Basic Books; Revised Edition (January 5, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0465003362
ISBN-13: 978-0465003365
Format: ePub, Mobi

Summary:

In the age of 9/11, the Iraq War, financial collapse, and Amber Alerts, our society is defined by fear. So it’s not surprising that three out of four Americans say they feel more fearful today then they did twenty years ago. But are we living in exceptionally dangerous times? In The Culture of Fear, sociologist Barry Glassner demonstrates that it is our perception of danger that has increased, not the actual level of risk. Glassner exposes the people and organizations that manipulate our perceptions and profit from our fears, including advocacy groups that raise money by exaggerating the prevalence of particular diseases and politicians who win elections by heightening concerns about crime, drug use, and terrorism. In this new edition of a classic book—more relevant now than when it was first published; Glassner exposes the price we pay for social panic.
[Amazon]

Seed, Share, Gain knowledge || Don't forget to give thumbs up

For any problem with my uploads or trouble with downloading, please PM me. Thanks.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.02 MB
seeders:28
leechers:3
The Culture of Fear: Why Americans Are Afraid of the Wrong Things (2010) by Barry Glassner {ePub, Mobi} [Dr.Soc]

All Comments

OMG this is exactly what I need. Just had a relatively harsh discussion with the SigO who is staunchly Republican...but he's pro-choice, pro equality, non-religious, on disability (thus, pays no income taxes nor is employed), a vet that doesn't want the VA privatized, thinks college shouldn't be so expensive and had no idea so many of the public utilities in our country are being sold to corporations.

He just focuses on "illegal immigrants taking our jobs" (uh, the ones he doesn't and can't have, so ???), terrorism & hating Hillary. So, I need this to make a better point of showing him he isn't actually what he thinks he is.
Glad to be of help. Yes, there are many people who are uninformed about social and political realities. They need a knowledge-nudge
Respect & thanks!