The Deep Dark Woods...Winter Hours(2009)[FLAC]

seeders: 5
leechers: 1
Added on December 30, 2011 by dickthespicin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

The Deep Dark Woods...Winter Hours(2009)[FLAC] (Size: 292.52 MB)
 12-The Sun Never Shines.flac46.18 MB
 03-How Can I Try.flac30.94 MB
 06-The Birds On The Bridge.flac30.74 MB
 07-Two Time Loser.flac27.66 MB
 09-The Gallows.flac25.16 MB
 08-As I Roved Out.flac20.71 MB
 04-All The Money I Had Is Gone.flac20.43 MB
 10-When First Into This Country.flac19.37 MB
 02-Nancy.flac19.23 MB
 05-Polly.flac18.99 MB
 01-Farewell.flac18.58 MB
 11-The Winter Hours.flac14.48 MB
 folder.jpg52.13 KB
 Unknown Artist - Unknown Title.log5.5 KB
 Unknown Title.cue1.56 KB
 Unknown Artist - Unknown Title.m3u869 bytes
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.me.txt46 bytes

Description

Winter Hours [2009] Black Hen Music 52

1. Farewell
2. Nancy
3. How Can I Try
4. All The Money I Had Is Gone
5. Polly
6. The Birds On The Bridge
7. Two Time Loser
8. As I Roved Out
9. The Gallows
10. When First Into This Country
11. The Winter Hours
12. The Sun Never Shines

Personnel: Ryan Boldt (vocals); Burke Barlow (electric guitar); Steve Dawson (ukulele); Adam Iredale-Gray (fiddle); Chris Gestrin (piano); Chris Mason (bass instrument); Lucas Goetz (drums).

"The timeless sound of the aptly named "The Deep Dark Woods" belongs to the depressing winters of the north. Pulsing with human warmth, these original songs echo through the lonesome night. Ryan Boldt's plainspoken lyrics oer a strong but gentle tone which understates poetry, oftentimes as startling as hot blood in fresh snow. Despite the dark themes, the heaviness never overwhelms the music's playfulness. An utterly fun rhythm section, brilliant guitar work, and eerily rich harmonies drive the songs. One could easily be forgiven for mistaking their songs as treasures of decades past, as The Deep Dark Woods approach their instruments with studied respect for the honoured traditions of the shadowy side of roots music.

Winter Hours, The Deep Dark Woods' sophomore release on Black Hen Music, is an album full of raw emotion, sadness, beautiful vocals and harmonies, new sounds, and well thought out arrangements. Working with Juno award winning producer/musician Steve Dawson at Vancouver's famed recording studio The Factory, they managed to bring out an energy that the new songs deserved, recording the album live off the floor. Winter Hours is a step forward from their widely touted first release Hang Me, Oh Hang Me." (Black Hen Music)

cd ripped by EAC

http://dickthespic.org/2011/10/31/the-deep-dark-woods/

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
292.52 MB
seeders:5
leechers:1
The Deep Dark Woods...Winter Hours(2009)[FLAC]