The Essential Hyperion - Classical Music Highlights [FLAC+MP3](Big Papi) UK Import HYP12 DDD 1993

seeders: 15
leechers: 2
Added on February 1, 2014 by SirSeedsAlotin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

The Essential Hyperion - Classical Music Highlights [FLAC+MP3](Big Papi) UK Import HYP12 DDD 1993 (Size: 469.75 MB)
 01 Crispian Steele-Perkins - Concerto for 2 trumpets; Allegro.flac6.63 MB
 02 Roy Goodman - Abdelazer, or, the Moor's Revenge, incidental music, Z. 570; Rondeau.flac9.96 MB
 03 King's Consort - A Prince of glorious race.flac18.79 MB
 04 Parley of Instruments - The Morning, solo cantata for voice, flute (or recorder), strings...7.4 MB
 05 Opera Restor'd - The Ephesian Matron; or, The Widow's Tears, a comic serenata;...11.65 MB
 06 John Scott - Magnificat in G.flac16.51 MB
 07 Sixteen, The - Libera nos.flac12.77 MB
 08 Stevie Wishart - Mandad' ei comigo, cantiga for voice and accompaniment.flac13.2 MB
 09 Charles the Bold - Ma dame, trop vous mesprenés.flac6.95 MB
 10 Corydon Singers - Locus iste.flac12.45 MB
 01 Crispian Steele-Perkins - Concerto for 2 trumpets; Allegro.mp32.71 MB
 02 Roy Goodman - Abdelazer, or, the Moor's Revenge, incidental music, Z. 570; Rondeau.mp33.27 MB
 03 King's Consort - A Prince of glorious race.mp36.12 MB
 04 Parley of Instruments - The Morning, solo cantata for voice, flute (or recorder), strings...2.91 MB
 05 Opera Restor'd - The Ephesian Matron; or, The Widow's Tears, a comic serenata;...4.71 MB
 06 John Scott - Magnificat in G.mp37.98 MB
 07 Sixteen, The - Libera nos.mp35.42 MB
 08 Stevie Wishart - Mandad' ei comigo, cantiga for voice and accompaniment.mp34.75 MB
 09 Charles the Bold - Ma dame, trop vous mesprenés.mp32.99 MB
 10 Corydon Singers - Locus iste.mp35.81 MB
 folder.jpg115.09 KB

Description

Source: CD + Fresh Cover Art Scan

For lack of better description and space this release is actually more than classical music. It is also opera and other styles.

- Big Papi

Sasha VINE VOICE
Though the years I had a certain soft spot for a particular artists whose recordings I would collect. Than I noticed that even recording labels have strong appeal - and one of the most desirable became british "Hyperion" named after a Titan in greek mythology. (No wonder,as I grew up with greek mythology)

"Hyperion" started as independent company in 1980 and quickly established its name by some of highly unusual and brilliant recordings of which probably the most impressive was 1984 album of music by Abbess Hildegard of Bingen titled "A Feather On The Breath Of God" and that was really ground-breaking hit that put "Hyperion" on the world map. I loved that album forever,not really knowing at that time anything about little recording company that focused its attention to less-known and neglected pieces far from usual crowd pleasing repertoire. People from "Hyperion" always made a point of looking deep in the corners to find something interesting,not to mention a stunning list or artists who recorded for them,it seems that it became a question of prestige to work with "Hyperion". Thanks to "Gramophone" who was championing and showering them with awards left and right, I eventually became enthralled with "Hyperion" enough to start collecting their albums whenever I could - in these days when CD shops are disappearing it became a bit difficult but everytime I visit UK,I make a point of buying several "Hyperion" releases,they always made me happy - in fact,i now came to the point when "Hyperion" label is a recommendation in itself.

This generous CD is a perfect introduction to "Hyperion" catalogue and I could easily recommend it to anybody without reservations.
From Purcell to Erik Satie, from sacred music by 16. century giants to Franz Liszt, from joyful "Phil the fluter's Ball" to Boccherini this is just a pure pleasure. I often find myself enjoying these various selection because of the eccentric choice assembled - since music jumps from one century to another, it avoids repetitive atmosphere and it simply floats around nicely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The Essential Hyperion

Artist...............: Various Artists
Album................: The Essential Hyperion
Genre................: Concerto
Source...............: CD
Year.................: 1993

FLAC
Ripper...............: EAC (Secure mode) / LAME 3.92 & Asus CD-S520
Codec................: Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
Version..............: reference libFLAC 1.2.1 20070917
Quality..............: Lossless, (avg. compression: 42 %)
Channels.............: Stereo / 44100 HZ / 16 Bit

MP3 V0 (Highest Quality MP3 Available)
Ripper...............: EAC (Secure mode) / LAME 3.92 & Asus CD-S520
Codec................: LAME 3.99
Version..............: MPEG 1 Layer III
Quality..............: Extreme, (avg. bitrate: 239kbps)
Channels.............: Joint Stereo / 44100 hz

Tracklisting

1. Peter Holman - Concerto for 2 trumpets: Allegro [01:29]
2. Brandenburg Consort - Abdelazer, or, the Moor's Revenge, incidental music, Z. 570: Rondeau[01:49]
3. Robert King - A Prince of glorious race [03:38]
4. Roy Goodman - The Morning, solo cantata for voice, flute (or recorder), strings & continuo (Six Cantatas, No. 5): The glitt'ring sun[01:41]
5. Peter Holman - The Ephesian Matron: or, The Widow's Tears, a comic serenata: Vaudeville[02:42]
6. Jeremy Budd - Magnificat in G [04:40]
7. Harry Christophers - Libera nos [02:58]
8. Mara Kiek - Mandad' ei comigo, cantiga for voice and accompaniment[02:42]
9. Charles the Bold - Ma dame, trop vous mesprenés [01:41]
10. Matthew Best - Locus iste [03:25]
11. London Festival Orchestra - Symphony in A major, G. 518 (Op. 37/4): Tempo di Minuetto[03:21]
12. Roy Goodman - Symphony No. 94 in G major ("Surprise"/"The Drumstroke"/"Mit dem Paukenschlag"), H. 1/94: Finale[03:59]
13. Ronald Corp - Gymnopedie for piano No. 1 [03:37]
14. Graham Johnson - Liederkreis, 12 songs for voice & piano, Op. 39: Waldesgesprach[02:23]
15. Leslie Howard - Album leaf in waltz form [00:50]
16. Tatiana Nikolayeva - Prelude & Fugue for piano No. 7 in A major, Op. 87/7: No.7 in A major[03:35]
17. Graham Johnson - Phil the Fluter's Ball [03:08]
18. Malcolm Binns - Concerto, for piano & orchestra in C sharp minor, Op. 30: Allegro[03:59]
19. Winchester Cathedral Choir - O salutaris hostia [03:39]
20. Arleen Augér - Canzonen (4), for voice & piano, D. 688: No 3, Da qeul sembiante[02:04]
21. Locatelli Trio - Sonata for violin & continuo in G minor, Op. 5/5: Vivace[01:47]
22. Allegri String Quartet - Quartet for clarinet & strings No. 1 in E flat major, Op. 2: Rondo[03:37]
23. Raphael Ensemble - String Sextet in A major, B. 80 (Op. 48): Furiant[04:06]
24. Coull Quartet - Pieces (4) for string quartet, Op. 81: No 2, Scherzo in A minor[03:37]
25. Clifford Benson - Come you, Mary [01:02]
26. Nikolai Demidenko - Nun freut euch, lieben Christen, transcription for piano (after J. S. Bach, BWV 734: Ten Chorale Preludes No. 4), KiV B27/4[02:09]
27. Andrew Lawrence-King - Deus in adiutorium [02:36]
28. Christopher Herrick - Sortie for organ in E flat major [02:16]

Playing Time.........: 01:18:45

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
469.75 MB
seeders:15
leechers:2
The Essential Hyperion - Classical Music Highlights [FLAC+MP3](Big Papi) UK Import HYP12 DDD 1993

All Comments

Thanks Buddy (: