The Essentials of Buddhist Philosophy by Junjiro Takakusu (1956) [PDF] {VTS}

seeders: 47
leechers: 18
Added on July 18, 2014 by VikTSlickin Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

The Essentials of Buddhist Philosophy by Junjiro Takakusu (1956) [PDF] {VTS} (Size: 19.63 MB)
 Cover.jpg44.23 KB
 The Essentials of Buddhist Philosophy by Junjiro Takakusu (1956) {VTS}.pdf19.59 MB

Description

Title: The Essentials of Buddhist Philosophy
Author: Junjiro Takakusu
Category: Academic/Religion/Philosophy/Buddhism
Publisher: Asian Publishing House (Bombay, India; 1956) [2nd Edition]
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1163221589 (reprint edition)
ISBN-13: 978-1425486471

Promotional info/Publisher's summary - "By the eleventh century a.d. Hinayana flourished in Ceylon, Burma, Siam and Cambodia; Mystic Buddhism developed in Tibet; Mahayana grew in China. In Japan the whole of Buddhism became the living and active faith of the mass of the people. The present study relates to Japanese Buddhism, as in Japan alone the whole of Buddhism has been preserved. The author presents Buddhist Philosophy in an ideological sequence, but it is not the sequence in the development of ideas; it is rather the systematization of the different schools of thought for the purpose of easier approach. Divided into fifteen chapters, the book deals with different schools of Buddhist Philosophy. The author has grouped these schools under two heads: (1) the schools of Negative Rationalism, i.e. the Religion of Dialectic Investigation, and (2) the schools of Introspective Intuitionism, i.e. the Religion of Meditative Experience. The author treats these schools in most scientific and elaborate way."

About the Author:
Junjiro Takakusu (1866-1945)was appointed Professor in Tokyo University and Director of Tokyo School of Foreign Languages simultaneously. In 1930, he became the President of Tokyo University.

This torrent contains a fully indexed, browse-able and searchable copy of the book in PDF form, taken from a scan of the 2nd edition and manually created. The front cover image is also included. Please seed, and enjoy. :)

Click on the image for my uploads:

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
19.63 MB
seeders:47
leechers:18
The Essentials of Buddhist Philosophy by Junjiro Takakusu (1956) [PDF] {VTS}

All Comments

Great one
Thanks!