The Folk Implosion - One Part Lullaby 1999 (mp3-vbr) [alternative] *rykker*

seeders: 5
leechers: 1
Added on September 27, 2015 by rykkerin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

The Folk Implosion - One Part Lullaby 1999 (mp3-vbr) [alternative] *rykker* (Size: 105.42 MB)
 11. Someone You Love.mp36.25 MB
 10. Merry‐Go‐Down.mp36.85 MB
 12. No Need to Worry.mp312.08 MB
 13. Back to the Sunrise.mp34.89 MB
 The Folk Implosion - One Part Lullaby.m3u671 bytes
 The Folk Implosion - One Part Lullaby.jpg7.05 KB
 09. Chained to the Moon.mp39.32 MB
 08. Gravity Decides.mp36.65 MB
 03. Free to Go.mp36.94 MB
 02. One Part Lullaby.mp36.78 MB

Description

mp3/vbr-V0 version

TRACKLIST

My Ritual - 4:35
One Part Lullaby - 3:28
Free to Go - 3:32
Serge - 4:06
E.Z.L.A. - 5:44
Mechanical Man - 5:23
Kingdom of Lies - 3:47
Gravity Decides - 3:34
Chained to the Moon - 4:53
Merry-Go-Down - 3:24
Someone You Love - 3:21
No Need to Worry - 6:13
Back to the Sunrise - 3:10

12TH SEPTEMBER 2005 (NME)
If 'other bands' logically derive from perceived shortcomings in the mother project, then perhaps it's no surprise that Lou Barlow has always seemed happier Folk Imploding than Sebadohing. What better way for Lou to counteract the intensity of the 'Doh and its fundamentalist strictures than by kicking back in the home studio with buddy John Davis, free of all obligations other than to enjoy themselves?

A good theory, spectacularly shot to shit when The Folk Implosion got more famous than Sebadoh thanks to a song called 'Natural One' and a notorious film called Kids. The hesitancy at the core of 1997's 'Dare To Be Surprised' suggested Barlow and Davis's universe had been upset, but sunny-side order is restored with 'One Part Lullaby', both a resounding reaffirmation of the original Folk Implosion ethos and the most approachable LP Barlow has ever made.

Hell, four seconds in and Lou's laughing, as Davis announces, "This is the first of a couple of seamless transitions that we've got for you." Thus primed for a barrage of snide, no-fi indulgence, instead we're confounded as The Folk Implosion pick up the threads of 'Natural One' - shuffling boombox drums and spry, haunted guitar strafes - only with rapturous melodies sung from the heart by the indie rock generation's supreme heartbreaker. Famously unapologetic about letting his Sebadoh bandmates take turns at the mic, Lou's burnished sad-boy croon is now the exclusive vocal instrument in The Folk Implosion. You have to say the world's a better place for it.

"It's getting easier not to suffer all the time", notes Lou on opener 'My Ritual', and indeed, 'One Part Lullaby' is strewn with allusions to a calmer Barlow, and how his relocation to Los Angeles unexpectedly loosened the knots in that notoriously anguished brow. 'Easy LA' is a balmy, slo-mo love song to Lou's new home: "I never thought I'd be among the drifters and the directors/It's nothing like I thought it was after all... LA, alright". Barlow claims it was inspired by hearing Yes' 'Owner Of A Lonely Heart' on the radio while driving through the San Fernando Valley and it's certainly a telling meld of synthetic emotion.

'Free To Go' is just as impressive, despite (or maybe because of) coming on like Beck covering Big Audio Dynamite's 'E=MC2'. Perfectly, cyclically structured, it's a tale of growing up and the slow, confused process of acquiring wisdom. It's something of a consistent theme, and Lou's as ready, if not readier, than most to admit it's never an exact science. On 'Mechanical Man', he admits, "I'm not perfect after all/I still get jealous when he calls"; on the closing 'Back To The Sunrise', a fizzing valedictory, he joyously proclaims his soul "on cruise control", and how he's "ready to be confused". As always.

For the record, 'One Part Lullaby' lapses very slightly into generic Barlow-pop two-thirds through, then soon recovers its shimmering grandeur. Sebadoh hardliners will dismiss this record as pop fluff, but few will be listening, too busy hailing The Best Lou Barlow Album In The World... Ever.

Thanks for downloading! Please rate & comment.
Mostly, Enjoy!

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
105.42 MB
seeders:5
leechers:1
The Folk Implosion - One Part Lullaby 1999 (mp3-vbr) [alternative] *rykker*