The High Frontier – Gerard K. O’Neill (3rd ed., 2000)[ENG][DjVu|scan|OCR]{Kaefer}

seeders: 2
leechers: 5
Added on February 13, 2016 by kkaefer23in Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

The High Frontier – Gerard K. O’Neill (3rd ed., 2000)[ENG][DjVu|scan|OCR]{Kaefer} (Size: 21.75 MB)
 The High Frontier, 3rd edition – Gerard K. O’Neill.djvu21.75 MB
 info.txt1.62 KB

Description

The High Frontier, 3rd edition
Human Colonies In Space

• Author: Gerard K. O’Neill
  • Tags: non-fiction, space colonies, pipe dreams
  • Language: English
  • Format: djvu, scans, raw OCR
  • Resolution: 120 pixel/cm
  • Pages: 191
  • Year: 2000
  • ISBN: 189652267X

The paper book contained a CD with extras.
There were two NASA documents you can read here instead:

There were also a few videos, about an hour, of the author pontificating. That bit I skipped; this is only the scan of the paper book.

This expanded third edition features a preface by Roger O’Neill, an introduction by Freeman Dyson, and essays by top experts In the field of space research, including Roger O’Neill, David Gump, Peter Glaser, Margo Deckard, George Friedman, Hick Tumlinson, and John Lewis.

1n the mid-1970’s the late physics Professor Gerard K. O’Neill published his book The High Frontier. In it he laid out a possible road map for human settlement beyond the Earth. To O’Neill the future was positive and exciting, and his astronauts looked like you and me. He believed in the power of individuals carving out pockets of life in a largely dead Solar System, and he basically told us how to do it …

About the file
As usual for me, this is a scan, turned into a djvu with extra OCRed hidden text. That text has not been proofread at all. Also, it contains ligatures. Search for, e.g., “find” with fi as one character.
The file also contains bookmarks to jump to the different chapters.
The cover is looking quite used, (well, it is), but the scans of the main part look better. There may be an a black grain here or there.
And this version looks like it was typeset without the help of a professional typesetter. The inner margins are too small, which leads to distortions in the scanned file.
Take it or leave it.

djvu
To view djvu files, use a viewer listed at DjVu.org.
  • Win/Mac: Get djviewlibre at sourceforge.net.
  • Linux: Install djviewlibre or djview4 through your package manager or get it at sourceforge.net.
  • AndroidOS: While i think it looks a bit odd here and there, EBookDroid works well enough. You will be prompted to download a plugin when you try to open a djvu file for the first time.
  • iPhone/iPad: no idea
  • ebook reader: May support djvu. Try it or RTFM.

As always, if you like it, buy it. Or at least buy the other works by this creator.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
21.75 MB
seeders:2
leechers:5
The High Frontier – Gerard K. O’Neill (3rd ed., 2000)[ENG][DjVu|scan|OCR]{Kaefer}