The Jerusalem Syndrome: My Life as a Reluctant Messiah - Marc Maron - Audiobook MP3

seeders: 6
leechers: 4
Added on October 7, 2014 by Squiddy82in Books > Audio books
Torrent verified.

The Jerusalem Syndrome: My Life as a Reluctant Messiah - Marc Maron - Audiobook MP3 (Size: 90.79 MB)
 Cover.jpg42.87 KB
 The Jerusalem Syndrome-Part01.mp330.5 MB
 The Jerusalem Syndrome-Part02.mp328.02 MB
 The Jerusalem Syndrome-Part03.mp332.23 MB

Description

MP3 CBR 64k Joint Stereo.

Android users - This will work best with dedicated audiobook reader apps, such as Listen Audiobook Player.

iTunes users - When added to your library, iTunes will classify these MP3 files as music by default. To change to audiobook, browse music library in album view, right-click the album, and select "Get Info" from the context menu. Under [Options,] select [x] Media Kind: Audiobook, [x] Remember position: Yes, [x] Skip when shuffling: Yes. This will allow you to transfer the book to your iOS device while keeping it separate from your music collection. This will also keep your track position when listening in iTunes.

The Jerusalem Syndrome: My Life as a Reluctant Messiah

Written by: Marc Maron
Narrated by: Marc Maron
Length: 3 hrs and 17 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:04-30-13

The Gospel according to Maron: a spiritual memoir of your average hyperintelligent, ultraneurotic, superhip Jewish standup comedian and seeker.

The Jerusalem Syndrome is a genuine psychological phenomenon that often strikes visitors to the Holy Land - the delusion that they are suddenly direct vessels for the voice of God. Marc Maron seems to have a distinctly American version of the Jerusalem Syndrome, which has led him on a lifelong quest for religious significance and revelation in the most unlikely of places.

Maron riffs on Beat phenomena with its sacred texts, established rituals, and prescribed pilgrimages. He spends some time exploring the dark side of things, as his obsessions with cocaine (known to Maron as “magic powder”), conspiracy theories, and famous self-destructive comedians convince him that the gates of hell open beneath Los Angeles. As his quest matures, he reveals the religious aspects of Corporate America, pontificating on the timeless beauty of the Coca-Cola logo and even taking a trip to the Philip Morris cigarette factory, where the workers puff their own products with a zealot-like fervor. The culmination of Maron’s Jerusalem Syndrome comes during his own tour of the Holy Land, where, with Sony camcorder glued to his eye socket, he comes face-to-face with his own ambiguous relationship to Judaism and reaches the brink of spiritual revelation - or is it nervous breakdown?

Marc Maron has considerably adapted and expanded his praised one-man show to craft a genuine literary memoir. Whether he’s a genuine prophet or a neurotic mess, he’ll make you laugh as you question the meaning of life.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
90.79 MB
seeders:6
leechers:4
The Jerusalem Syndrome: My Life as a Reluctant Messiah - Marc Maron - Audiobook MP3