The Life of Richard Harris - A Man Called Harris {Bindaredundat}

seeders: 14
leechers: 3
Added on March 4, 2015 by Bindaredundatin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

The Life of Richard Harris - A Man Called Harris {Bindaredundat} (Size: 4.78 MB)
 A Man Called Harris - Michael Sheridan.mobi1.09 MB
 A Man Called Harris - Michael Sheridan.pdf2.31 MB
 A Man Called Harris - The Life of Richard Harris.epub1.35 MB
 A Man Called Harris - The Life of Richard Harris.jpg28.58 KB
 metadata.opf2.15 KB

Description

A Man Called Harris: The Life of Richard Harris Hardcover – June 1st 2014 by Michael Sheridan (Author), Anthony Galvin (Author) {Bindaredundat}

A Man Called Harris - The Life of Richard Harris by Michael Sheridan

Format: epub / mobi / pdf
File Size: 4.77Mb

Product Details

Hardcover: 224 pages
Publisher: The History Press (June 1st 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0752488988
ISBN-13: 978-0752488981

Richard Harris was a giant who oozed charisma on screen. But off screen he was troubled and addicted to every pleasure life could offer. Coming from a repressed Irish Catholic background, he was forced by a teenage illness to abandon his beloved rugby, but not his macho appetites. Discovering theatre saved him. He had found his calling. Despite marrying the daughter of a peer, he never tried to fit in. He was always a hell-raiser to the core, along with legendary buddies Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole. But he was more; he was a gifted poet and singer. He was an intelligent family man who took great interest in his craft, a Renaissance man of the film world. Every time his excesses threatened to kill his career - and himself - he rose magnificently from the ashes, first with an Oscar-winning performance as Bull McCabe in The Field, then in the Harry Potter franchise.

About the Author

Michael Sheridan is a journalist, theater producer, and writer. He has written for papers such as the Irish Independent and the Sunday Independent, and is the biggest selling nonfiction author in Ireland. As a film critic he met with Richard Harris on a number of occasions. Anthony Galvin was a staff journalist for 10 years with the Limerick Leader, the paper of Harris's hometown. He has written a number of true crime books.

Helpful Customer Review on Amazon.com

A Life Lived Large! May 28th 2014
By Michael OConnor - Published on Amazon.com
Format: Hardcover
Truth be told, Richard Harris wasn't one of my favorite actors. I never saw many of his movies and knew about him mostly because of his 'hellraiser' reputation and singular career as a singer. Yet I was intrigued enough to pick up a copy of A MAN CALLED HARRIS and was happy I did. Whatever his faults, Harris was a passionate, full-speed-ahead character that lived life to the fullest. The details of Harris' life are recounted in Michael Sheridan and Anthony Galvin's appealing biography and serve as a worthy tribute to the wild Limerick boy-o.

Despite the hellraiser reputation - which was deserved! - Harris was a Renaissance man, a gifted poet, a lover of the English language, well-read, passionate about rugby, acting and his hometown...in that order, supremely self-confident, disarmingly honest about his flaws and determined to be his own man. Sheridan and Galvin relate Harris' life of times in a critical yet affectionate manner, covering his childhood, discovery of acting, memorable movie roles, his singing career, feuds, fights and marriages, etc. Harris had his own personal demons - alcohol and drugs - but mastered both. To the end, he was a charming, genuine larger-than-life figure.

Movie fans will enjoy A MAN CALLED HARRIS. It supplies an in-depth, insightful, warts-and-all account of a unique man and actor. Recommended.
Good book February 16th 2015
By mary marks - Published on Amazon.com
Format: Hardcover Verified Purchase
Nicely covered story of a life ... makes me wish I could have met Richard Harris and had a beer with him!

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
4.78 MB
seeders:14
leechers:3
The Life of Richard Harris - A Man Called Harris {Bindaredundat}

All Comments

Thank you!
Thanks
Thanks for the Upload!