The Partridge Family - The Partridge Family Album - Vinyl (Big Papi) 320v0 1970

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on September 5, 2013 by SirSeedsAlotin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

The Partridge Family - The Partridge Family Album - Vinyl (Big Papi) 320v0 1970 (Size: 67.95 MB)
 01 - The Partridge Family - The Partridge Family Album - Side 1 (Vinyl).mp337.48 MB
 02 - The Partridge Family - The Partridge Family Album - Side 2 (Vinyl).mp330.23 MB
 Big Papi Vinyl.nfo4.97 KB
 Cover.jpg232.28 KB

Description

Source: 1970 LP Record

By A Customer

Those who discount the impact of this record on the music scene of the day weren't there. Like most landmark events this album was controversial and divisive. But little of that (like the Monkees before) had very little to do with the music!
What is often lost in the scuffle is the fact that this album was the cornerstone for a sound and production team that was to go on and sell over 25 million records!

While cynics might us at this point of Frank Zappa's famous quote that Americans love entertainment and hate art, I would simply say - you're right - with the Partridge Family records you had both.

Wes Farrell and team produced an album that was technically superior to most of the muddy sounding albums of the day. Listen to the clarity of the legendary Joe Osbournes' bass lines. Listen to the drum strikes. Great stuff!

In addition, the instrument choices are intriguing (a HARPSICHORD on a pop album?) as are the arrangements 'happy' sounding songs written in minor keys?). How about those tight harmonies from the choir?

Granted, the lyrics are trite and silly. And the word that can be used to describe the decision to rise the pitch of David Cassidy's voice (to make the 19 year old kid sound younger) by speeding up the tapes is 'odd'.

But like cracks in the marble of a fine sculpture, these flaws merely enhance the beauty of the overall piece.

I am sure that for many this album was their first foray into music. This was the very first album that I purchased with my own money and though my taste has deepened and grown into virtually every genre from hard rock to opera I still find this album remarkably pleasing on a number of levels.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
67.95 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
The Partridge Family - The Partridge Family Album - Vinyl (Big Papi) 320v0 1970