The Power to Compete - Hiroshi Mikitani - [PDF][N27]

seeders: 19
leechers: 7
Added on May 18, 2016 by N27in Books > Textbooks
Torrent verified.

The Power to Compete - Hiroshi Mikitani - [PDF][N27] (Size: 2.46 MB)
 The Power to Compete - Hiroshi Mikitani.pdf2.35 MB
 Cover.jpg105.57 KB

Description

The Power to Compete: An Economist and an Entrepreneur on Revitalizing Japan in the Global Economy

by

Hiroshi Mikitani

Language: English | Format: PDF | ISBN-10: 1119000602 | ISBN-13: 978-1119000600

Page count: 240 | Date Published: November 10, 2014 | Publisher: Wiley

Business & Money, Economics, Commerce

CONTENTS

Cover
Title Page
Copyright
Contents
Introduction Japan Again
Chapter 1 The Power to Innovate
Chapter 2 The Power to Operate
Chapter 3 The Power in Questioning Abenomics
Chapter 4 The Power of the Low-Cost State
Chapter 5 The Power to Succeed Overseas
Chapter 6 The Power to Educate
Chapter 7 The Power to Build Brand Japan
Conclusion What Is the Power to Compete?
Epilogue
Acknowledgments
Index
EULA

Excerpt:
Japan Again

Hiroshi Mikitani (“Hiroshi”): Let’s talk about the theme of these conversations. I want to talk to you about why the Japanese economy has seen such persistent stagnation, and what we should do to revive it. But rst, how are you feeling? How is your health?

Professor Emeritus Ryoichi Mikitani (“Ryoichi”):

Oh, it’s all right, I suppose. I’m in a relatively good shape. I’m really happy that I can talk with you about the Japanese economy like this. I’m looking forward to it.
Hiroshi: For the past half a year [early 2013], I have been serving as a member of the Industrial Competitiveness Council, one of the three Abenomics control towers, and I have been participating in the debate there on Japanese economic growth. We announced our compiled growth strategy in June 2013. At that time, I also created a document, as best I could, to serve as a starting point for discussion—a proposal that I called “Japan Again.” In that proposal, I wrote from my perspective as a business leader about what sort of growth strategy I would create if it were all up to me.

Ryoichi: It must have been quite a lot of work. I saw the news on television and read about it in the newspapers with great interest.

Hiroshi: Prime Minister Abe’s original idea was that there would be four members on the council from the private sector, but in the end a total of ten were appointed. I have the suspicion that behind this was an intention on the part of the government bureaucracy to increase the number of people on the council, appoint more people with differing opinions, and thereby dilute the arguments of the private-sector side.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
2.46 MB
seeders:19
leechers:7
The Power to Compete - Hiroshi Mikitani - [PDF][N27]