The Reluctant Jesus: An Apocalyptic Laugh Out Loud Dark Comedy - Duncan Whitehead - [EPUB][N27]

seeders: 4
leechers: 1
Added on May 31, 2016 by N27in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

The Reluctant Jesus: An Apocalyptic Laugh Out Loud Dark Comedy - Duncan Whitehead - [EPUB][N27] (Size: 508.63 KB)
 The Reluctant Jesus - Duncan Whitehead.epub390.56 KB
 Cover.jpg118.07 KB

Description

The Reluctant Jesus: An Apocalyptic Laugh Out Loud Dark Comedy

by

Duncan Whitehead

Language: English | Format: EPUB | ISBN-10: 1457527049 | ISBN-13: 978-1457527043

Page count: 264 | Date Published: March 24, 2014 | Publisher: Dog Ear Publishing

Humor & Entertainment, Humor, Religion

CONTENTS

35 Chapters

Excerpt:

I FEEL IT IS IMPORTANT, just to make sure that there are no misunderstandings, especially at this initial stage of our acquaintanceship that I point out that I was, and still am, an ordinary guy. I blend into a crowd; I am one of life’s extras, never destined to be a major protagonist in any scene, drama, or act. You see people like me every day, but you do not notice. I was just, well, to put it bluntly, there. If I ever committed a crime, which, to the best of my knowledge, I never have, and a witness was requested to describe me, I am sure the word boring would be used, probably more than once.

I do not ever recall doing anything that could be described as remarkable. I kept to myself, and not only did I like it that way, but I am sure that others also did. I went about and minded my own business; I went through the motions of a boring and uncomplicated life: I came, and I went, I worked as hard as the next man, but I did not over assert myself. I got along just fine. My ambitions were healthy and realistic, and I knew my limitations. To my recollection, I had never performed any act of bravery, kindness, or selflessness that would stand me out from any other rational human being, nor, by the same notion, had I ever performed any act of cowardice, unkindness, or selfishness. I was not overly generous, but I was by no stretch of the imagination mean. I always tipped the required fifteen percent in restaurants and bars and on occasion had been known to go as high as twenty, for the exceptional waiter, server, or bartender. I had in the past donated to charity, and I am sure clothing I once wore is now clad upon a deserving recipient delegated by the Salvation Army; however I have not given to beggars on the sidewalk, nor do I tip for fast food.

According to friends I was a stereotypical confirmed bachelor with no emotional responsibilities or ties. I did not have any other human being reliant on my income, my goodwill, my moods, the contents of my fridge, my apartment, or my television remote control. I was able to come and go as I pleased. No one questioned me, and in turn, I did not question others. I lived and let lived and considered myself a free spirit. I had no sexual hang-ups, and the stack of Playboy and Hustler magazines under my bed, not actually hidden, were a clear indication that I insisted that my partners always be of the female variety.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
508.63 KB
seeders:4
leechers:1
The Reluctant Jesus: An Apocalyptic Laugh Out Loud Dark Comedy - Duncan Whitehead - [EPUB][N27]