The Romantics By Pankaj Mishra EPUB,MOBI,AZW3 ~KnightinKat

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on June 6, 2015 by KnightinKatin Books > Fiction
Torrent verified.

The Romantics By Pankaj Mishra EPUB,MOBI,AZW3 ~KnightinKat (Size: 1.64 MB)
 The Romantics - Pankaj Mishra.azw3564.89 KB
 The Romantics - Pankaj Mishra.mobi528.63 KB
 The Romantics - Pankaj Mishra.epub423.33 KB
 Cover.jpg159.88 KB
 metadata.opf3.77 KB
 Torrent downloaded from kat.cr.txt342 bytes

Description

Language: English | Format: EPUB,MOBI,AZW3
Genre: Classic, Literary
ISBN: 9781447210184 / 9780330396158

About:

Pankaj Mishra is one of the most promising talents of his generation, and this stunning, universally praised novel of self-discovery heralds a remarkable career.

In Pankaj Mishra's debut novel, East not only meets West, the two forcibly collide, causing all manner of bruises and contusions. The hero and narrator of The Romantics, a young Brahmin student, has come to the Hindu holy city of Benares to study at the university. Samar's shelves are laden with tomes by Schopenhauer and Turgenev; his dreams center around passing the rigorous exam that will admit him into an Indian Civil Service originally created and shaped by the British Raj.

But in this city redolent of timeworn customs, where pilgrims bathe in the sacred Ganges and breathe in smoke from burning ghats along the shore, Samar is offered entirely different perspectives on his country. Miss West and her circle, indifferent to the reality around them, represent those drawn to India as a respite from the material world. And Rajesh, a sometimes violent, sometimes mystical leader of student malcontents, presents a more jaundiced view. More than merely illustrating the clash of cultures, Mishra presents the universal truth that our desire for the other is our most painful joy.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
for any queries and reseeds if the file is not downloading pm/request reseed.If you do like my uploads do support me by commenting and rating the torrent .also please help me keep the torrent alive by sharing and seeding.. !
Cheers
~KnightinKat

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.64 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0