the swimsuit issue (allt flyter) 2008 region free dvd5 swedish bcbc

seeders: 2
leechers: 3
Added on January 12, 2016 by bcbcfilmsin Movies
Torrent verified.

Available in versions: DVD

the swimsuit issue (allt flyter) 2008 region free dvd5 swedish bcbc (Size: 3.52 GB)
 VIDEO_TS.bup6 KB
 VIDEO_TS.ifo6 KB
 VTS_01_0.bup74 KB
 VTS_01_0.ifo74 KB
 VTS_01_1.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_2.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_3.vob1024 MB
 VTS_01_4.vob534.66 MB

Description

The Swimsuit Issue (Allt flyter) (lit. "Everything floats") is a 2008 Swedish film directed by Måns Herngren.

Contains movie and Hardcoded English Subtitles. No menus or extras. Regular DVD quality (Not BD, 1080p etc...). Seeding/Feedback appreciated. Thank You.

Synopsis

Unfortunately for the guys on Sweden's only all-male synchronized swim team, a passion for their sport does not necessarily equal a proficiency in it. But that's not going to stop the middle-aged mermen in their quest for the world championship.

Cast

Jonas Inde, Ia Langhammer, Andreas Rothlin-Svensson, Jimmy Lindström, Peter Gardiner, Benny Haag, Shebly Niavarani, Kalle Westerdahl, Henrik Svalander, Ossi Niskala, Paula McManus, Amanda Davin

Review Summary

What is it about men and synchronized swimming that so reliably brings the funny? Many “Saturday Night Live” fans have never forgotten the 1984 sketch with Harry Shearer and Martin Short as brothers pursuing a dream of Olympic gold. (It was going to take some time, they conceded, especially since, the Short character noted, “I don’t swim.”) In a Swedish variation, “The Swimsuit Issue” follows a crew of middle-aged men, not particularly buff or aquatic, as they train for a world championship in male “synchro.” They have been goaded into it by Fredrik (Jonas Inde), an out-of-work, divorced journalist who lives for the games of floor hockey they play. After they lose their time slot at the recreation center, though, the group has nowhere to go. Serendipity intervenes: as a goof for a bachelor party, the men make a video of themselves vamping through a synchro routine and are a huge hit. Hired to perform at another party, they play it straight and bomb, but realize that they’re onto something

THE SWIMSUIT ISSUE (Allt flyter) movie review

Review by Cameron McGaughy | posted April 25, 2011

Meet Fredrik (Jonas Inde), a 40-something divorced father recently fired from his writing job (don't believe his constant claims of "I quit!"). A broken man suddenly struck with a sense of worthlessness, he opts to retreat into depression--his only sense of purpose coming from the games of floorball he plays with his buds. But when their rec center hours are slashed and a bachelor party for Larry (Jimmy Lindström) results in a hit videotape of the gang goofing around by the pool, a laughable idea slowly morphs the band of misfits into something else: A group intent on competing at the World Cup in Berlin, where all-male synchro swimming teams will compete for the sport's top prize.

It takes some convincing before the gang agrees, and even then they aren't always comfortable--especially Victor (Peter Gardiner), the jockiest of them all. Also along for the ride are Charles (Andreas Rothlin-Svensson), Fredrik's closest friend and a rec center employee; Markus (Kalle Westerdahl), who keeps the activity a secret from his son; Kjelle (Shebly Niavarani), whose work as a probation officer threatens his participation; and Peter (Benny Haag), who I can't really say much about. (And that brings me to perhaps my biggest gripe with the film--most of the supporting players aren't given enough attention.) In need of more members to qualify, the group later adds Bobo (Henrik Svalander) and Jarmo (Ossi Niskala). The latter addition--cemented after a memorable audition--raises a curious eyebrow from the "I'm not homophobic!" Vincent, who fears that Jarmo might be...you know...Finnish.

But with the men sort on time, the learning curve may not be long enough--especially when they have trouble simply staying afloat. Things also aren't going swimmingly for Fredrik at home: Ex-wife Lotta (Paula McManus) has just accepted a new job in London, but needs to temporarily leave daughter Sara (Amanda Davin) in daddy's care--a situation that annoys Sara, whose relationship with father is already fractured due to Fredrik's lack of responsibility and poor communication. But the irritated Sara might eventually come in handy considering she's a pretty good synchro swimmer...if only she can take her dad seriously:

"You have no idea how embarrassing you are."

"I'm embarrassing for not accepting discrimination?"

"You're a white middle-aged man. What the hell do you know?"

It's all completely illogical yet highly amusing--no surprise considering that's the kind of sensibility that Scandinavians do so well. The Swimsuit Issue combines the silly with social commentary, all through a whimsical lens that is at its best during its depressed, deadpan mode. While the story isn't anything remarkably fresh (although I far prefer this to The Full Monty, which the box compares it to), the script and performances are refreshing.

And despite the protestations of the men's wives ("What about a normal mid-life crisis? Dye your hair, pierce a nipple!") and a healthy case of reverse gender discrimination at the hands of an angry instructor (Maria Langhammer), the film has a lot of positive, feel-good messages about acceptance--culminating in a practice run at the Swedish Pride festival, the movie's most endearing sequence (although can someone please explain to me why I counted 10 men in the water in one shot? Did one of them give birth under water?).

The Swimsuit Issue is cute, with a slightly off-kilter sense of humor (Fredrick attempts to teach swim formations based on banned substances: "What do we start with?" asks a curious team member. "Nicotine. Then we move on to the harder stuff..."). It's filled with the mandatory gender jokes (team pedicure!) and role reversal humor, but even the predictable stuff here works because the actors and the overall tone are so darn lovable (and we get a nice history lesson, too!). That helps me forgive the two forced dramatic turns that the film takes--one a thankfully short conflict with Lotta, the other a more annoying (and unnecessary) reaction from Fredrick that unveils in the final act. The film is better than those two errors, and could have reached the same place in far more convincing fashion. Why ruin all the fun?! We were having such a good time!

Director Måns Herngren, who co-wrote with Jane Magnusson, knows exactly how he wants the film to look and feel--and he beautifully maintains a difficult balance of bleak and buoyant. The film has a steady '70s vibe, most of the songs coming from Swedish band The Soundtrack of Our Lives--selections that fit the film perfectly. Herngren also shows off a keen yet understated mastery of visual comedy--the snickers often sneak up from the depths (a recurring joke with the new practice pool never gets old) or across the faces of the cast, the film usually not opting for the easy, immediate punch line and reveling in uncomfortable moments. It also helps that Inde is so charming--he manages to harness a difficult combination of being disagreeable yet cute at the same time, his frustration constantly boiling under the surface and manifesting itself in some adorable outbursts.

This is an amusing work, in every positive sense of the word. Ultimately, The Swimsuit Issue isn't really about synchronized swimming at all; that's just a vehicle. As for the climatic competition, it's almost an afterthought--a shame considering the bounty of material that's hinted at as the camera pans across the practice field with teams preparing for their big moment. That sequence conjured up thoughts of a male synchronized swimming version of Bring It On!, a thought that makes me giddy. Maybe for the sequel, guys?

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
3.52 GB
seeders:2
leechers:3
the swimsuit issue (allt flyter) 2008 region free dvd5 swedish bcbc

Trailer