The ULTIMATE, CURATED, SCIENCE FICTION and FANTASY book Collection -- From 2100BC to 1930s (in Calibre format) [Torrent 2015 Ed]

seeders: 1
leechers: 2
Added on June 10, 2015 by bookcuratorin Books > Fiction
Torrent verified.

Description

Includes all Science Fiction and Fantasy from 2100 BC to December 1939.

I have personally curated, de-duplicated, merged, pruned and checked every entry. I have not READ them all, so some errors may have slipped by, but it is currently the BEST collection of SF on the net.
Other Decades will be posted later.

Yes, this collection is HUGE! Mostly because it includes full scan copies of SF Magazines, where the best stories are. That's also why I separated the whole collection by years. You can eventually merge them all together.

This collection has been created with Calibre, a free Library Manager (http://calibre-ebook.com/). Install it, and then select 'Switch/Create Library', and select the folder "CALIBRE SFF 1930s" as 'existing library'.

I HIGHLY recommend browsing and using this collection with this software for the following reasons:
- All books are tagged
- Publication dates are included and sortable
- Name and Titles are also sortable
- Easy viewing and cover browsing.

Even so, you can extract individual authors, but this torrent is intended to be viewed as a collection. Really, it's real nice! (It won't hurt you to try Calibre, and you will really benefit, trust me.)

The following fields have been meticulously curated. Naming corresponds directly with the ISFDB Entries (See http://www.isfdb.org/). In fact, scripts were used to correlate authors and titles.

- Author Name: Main entry in isfdb was used. If the title is a Magazine, the magazine name was used as author.
- Title: Exactly as entered in isfdb. If magazine, a format of has been tried to be used, but may vary.
- Publication Date: As FIRST PUBLICATION as found in isfdb.
- Magazine: If entry was part of a magazine in first publication, this entry is populated, and cover corresponds with Magazine, even if a book was printed independently with other covers.
- Cover: I have tried to populate with original, first-printing covers, or first publication cover as found in isfdb. I preferred leaving it empty instead of putting a more 'modern' cover.
- Tags:
_isfdb = There is an ISFDB entry.
_noisfdb = There is NOT an ISFDB entry, but has been included as it is either Fantasy or Science Fiction. Some may be Non-Genre but marked as such.
Fantasy = INCLUDED if it has been determined to be considered a Fantasy book. This includes ghost, supernatural, horror, etc.
Science Fiction = NOT ALWAYS TAGGED. By default I have taken it as a SF except when tagged as Fantasy. Still needs a bit of work to complete tagging.
Magazine = This is tagged if it included multiple stories and was printed as a magazine or fanzine.

Beyond these, I have tried detecting tags in isfdb and including them, but they have not been thoroughly checked. Also, some extra tags from other metadata searches have been left, but are not comprehensive.

Tagging allows displaying a subset as you would like to see, for example:

author:"Amazing Stories" = displays all from this magazine.
not tags:"Fantasy" = displays all not fantasy, so then it's SF.
pubdate:>=1939-07 = If reading SF for first time, I recommend starting with the Golden Age, starting in 1939, then go back to 1926.

Other Notable searches you might like:

pubdate:<1300 Before The Renaissance
pubdate:>=1926-04 Start of "Scientifiction" or Science Fiction as a genre
not tags:"Fantasy" All Science Fiction
authors:"=Edgar Allan Poe"
authors:"=Jules Verne"
authors:"=H. P. Lovecraft"
authors:"=Edgar Rice Burroughs"
authors:"=Luis P. Senarens" Frank Reade
authors:"=Victor Appleton" Tom Swift
authors:"=Astounding Stories"

I have tried saving the BEST format for each, but sometimes one format has better formatting than other. Select best and convert as needed. Most magazines are CBR (comic display format, in rar file) or CBZ (comic display format, in zip file) which are really just zipped images.

About the OLD OLD books: Yes, some seem duplicated, but only because I could not decide which is the best version of each, that's why they are multiple Dantes, Homers, etc. Also, do not be put off by the oldness, Fantasy started way, way back, and it took very different forms. It's really nice to be able to trace them. I did not decide which was Fantasy or SF, these were added to the collection because they have ISFDB entries. Or they were very obvious Fantasy themes, like Ghosts or supernatural themes, which I count as Fantasy.

Reading Science Fiction authors from before the golden age is difficult when you have not placed them in their correct context: It's not the same a story from 1939 than 1929 than 1898. Seeing them in their respective dates makes you easier to appreciate and even see how they influence each other. Also, most stories were initially in a magazine, so it's a better way to comprehend than if read independently.

I have placed more attention to SF than Fantasy, and have even read through a big chunk of the stories and magazines, and there are a lot of jewels in midst of the pulp. It's an incredible era of science discovery and wonderment. Some are really, really great that are worth the while. I have loved it, and want to spread the joy.

Good Reading!

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
67.54 GB
seeders:1
leechers:2
The ULTIMATE, CURATED, SCIENCE FICTION and FANTASY book Collection -- From 2100BC to 1930s (in Calibre format) [Torrent 2015 Ed]