The Yardbirds - Roger The Engineer (1966)[FLAC/LOG]

seeders: 0
leechers: 2
Added on June 9, 2008 by in Music
Torrent verified.

The Yardbirds - Roger The Engineer (1966)[FLAC/LOG] (Size: 233.54 MB)
 Disc.jpg636.45 KB
 Back.jpg998.93 KB
 Front.jpg928.3 KB
 inside.jpg673.63 KB
 01 Lost Woman.flac21.31 MB
 02 Over, Under, Sideways, Down.flac16.78 MB
 03 The Nazz Are Blue.flac21.25 MB
 05 Rack My Mind.flac21.11 MB
 07 Hot House of Omagarashid.flac14.93 MB
 08 Jeff's Boogie.flac16.42 MB
 09 He's Always There.flac14.75 MB
 10 Turn Into Earth.flac19.61 MB
 11 What Do You Want.flac22.48 MB
 12 Ever Since The World Began.flac14.18 MB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.com.txt47 bytes

Description

The Yardbirds finally unleashed their first studio LP in August 1966, by which time the band featured the incendiary guitar soloing of Jeff Beck (who replaced Eric Clapton). The album was much delayed by heavy touring of Europe and the U.S. (where The Yardbirds became a primary inspiration to the myriad garage and psychedelic bands springing up) and was eventually written and recorded in just one week at Advision Studios in London.

Roger The Engineer mixes up supercharged blues, prototype psychedelia, feedback, and Gregorian monk chants to great effect. Anticipating the heavy blues-rock of Cream and Led Zeppelin, the searing "Lost Woman," "The Nazz Are Blue," and "Rack My Mind" reflect the way the band built fiery workouts from traditional blues riffs and licks (Snooky Pryor's "Someone To Love Me," Elmore James's "Dust My Broom," and Slim Harpo's "Baby Scratch My Back" respectively), in the process showcasing Beck's astonishing talent (he makes a sustained one-note solo exciting on "The Nazz Are Blue"). Hit single "Over, Under, Sideways, Down" is based around the bassline to "Rock Around The Clock," yet manages to sound positively futuristic with the addition of Beck's winding guitar, the stop-start structure of the song, and the rabble-rousing calls of "Hey!"

This 1997 reissue includes "Happenings Ten Years Time Ago," a storming rave-up featuring the dream-team of Beck and Jimmy Page, and its B-side "Psycho Daisies."

Tracklist

Lost Woman (3:14)

Over, Under, Sideways, Down (2:24)

The Nazz Are Blue (3:04)

I Can't Make Your Way (2:26)

Rack My Mind (3:14)

Farewell (1:31)

Hot House of Omagarashid (2:44)

Jeff's Boogie (2:24)

He's Always There (2:14)

Turn Into Earth (3:06)

What Do You Want (3:23)

Ever Since The World Began (2:06)

Psycho Daisies (1:50)

Happenings Ten Years Time Ago (2:55)

This is an absolute classic album, hope you'll dig it, folks.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
233.54 MB
seeders:0
leechers:2
The Yardbirds - Roger The Engineer (1966)[FLAC/LOG]

All Comments

no seeds