[Thich Nhat Hanh] Be Free Where You Are (Thich Nhat Hanh) - PDF - zeke23

seeders: 11
leechers: 0
Added on November 28, 2014 by zeke23in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

[Thich Nhat Hanh] Be Free Where You Are (Thich Nhat Hanh) - PDF - zeke23 (Size: 131.89 KB)
 [Thich_Nhat_Hanh]_Be_Free_Where_You_Are(Bokos-Z1).epub131.89 KB

Description

Be Free Where You Are
by Thích Nhất Hạnh, Chan Khong (Foreword by)
4.43 of 5 stars 4.43 · rating details · 395 ratings · 36 reviews
"Freedom is not given to us by anyone; we have to cultivate it ourselves."
—Thich Nhat Hanh

This compendium of the core teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh, based on a talk given at a prison, shows how mindfulness practice can cultivate freedom no matter where you are.

"This is living Buddhism at its best."
—Shambhala Sun

"This beautiful little compendium of the core teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh actually says all you need to know in this world. It makes a thoughtful gift."
—Branches of Light

"Lovely and deeply helpful."
—Light of Consciousness

Wendy
Mar 11, 2009 Wendy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: philosophically-minded-mindful types
Recommended to Wendy by: yoga reading group
Tiny pocket-sized book with 71 pages. You can take it anywhere and read it anytime. It's fast, simple and thoughtful. This book is a transcript of a speech given by Thich Nhat Hanh to prisoners at the Maryland Correctional Institution in Hagerstown. Basically, this zen master is describing how we are always free whether captive or not. The enjoyment we get from breathing and having food to eat and feeling the ground beneath our feet cannot be taken away. The sky is the same in the prison yard as it is outside the gates, etc. Thich Nhat Hanh says that we have the seeds for heaven and hell in every cell of our person and we decide which seeds we want to water. (I think I'll say that too my kids on a regular basis. Smile at your habit energy and move on. Pretty good stuff, but I could have done with a little more in depth advice.

Thích Nhất Hạnh
Author profile

born
in Thừa Thiên Huế , Viet Nam
October 11, 1926

website
http://www.plumvillage.org/

genre
Religion & Spirituality, Buddhism, Zen

influences
Zen Buddhism, Maman S. Mahayana

About this author
edit data

Thích Nhất Hạnh is a Vietnamese Buddhist monk, teacher, author, poet and peace activist who now lives in southwest France where he was in exile for many years.

Born Nguyễn Xuân Bảo, Thích Nhất Hạnh joined a Zen (Vietnamese: Thiền) monastery at the age of 16, and studied Buddhism as a novitiate. Upon his ordination as a monk in 1949, he assumed the Dharma name Thích Nhất Hạnh. Thích is an honorary family name used by all Vietnamese monks and nuns, meaning that they are part of the Shakya (Shakyamuni Buddha) clan.

He is often considered the most influential living figure in the lineage of Lâm Tế (Vietnamese Rinzai) Thiền, and perhaps also in Zen Buddhism as a whole.

His best-selling books include Happiness and Being Peace.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
131.89 KB
seeders:11
leechers:0
[Thich Nhat Hanh] Be Free Where You Are (Thich Nhat Hanh) - PDF - zeke23