Thomas Koloniar, Cannibal Reign - sam2085

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on November 4, 2013 by sam2085in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Thomas Koloniar, Cannibal Reign - sam2085 (Size: 998.33 KB)
 Cannibal Reign by Thomas Koloniar.mobi998.33 KB

Description

First the asteroid would come, slamming into the earth just north of the Montana border, followed by earthquakes, tsunamis, and unending night. And after that . . . Hell. Astronomer Marty Chittenden is the first to recognize the approaching doom—a discovery that makes him a marked man. Green Beret Jack Forrest knows the catastrophe is inevitable, and begins stockpiling an abandoned missile silo with supplies while gathering together a small community of men, women, and children he prays can survive the apocalypse. Then disaster strikes. In an instant the world they know ends forever, transformed into a nightmare realm of eternal darkness. Soon the few remaining humans are transformed as well, becoming savage things—raping, pillaging, and devouring their own. And the time is approaching when Forrest and his people will have to leave their underground "Noah's Ark" to face a shattered world and the unspeakable terrors that dwell there—in desperate pursuit of one slim hope of survival . . . called Hawaii.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13426200-cannibal-reign?from_search=true

Review
This is one of the first stories I have read where the main characters were fully prepared for most (if not all) eventualities. Yes, it helped that a majority of them had strong military backgrounds, but I'm not referring to their ability to actually handle the events that befell them, but their ability to accept the fact that terrible things were going to happen. That's not to say the only reason they survived is because they were military. Marty shows that, no matter your life before, anyone can stand up and do what needs getting done after the world has gone to Hell. With an extremely realistic view on how society would (and eventually will, asteroid or no) breakdown, Koloniar gives the topics of cannibalism, rape, tribalism, and general violence serious thought as he writes of the world above ground when there is no more reason to follow outdated societal laws and act according to human morality. There is no denying that, in an instance such as this, it will be men who are ruling , with women being used as nothing more than things. I don't mean this to sound chauvinistic, biologically, chemically, sociologically, and psychologically speaking, that's just the most logical outcome, with men being more prone to violence and better equipped to deal said violence. That being said, I enjoyed reading a book that had the characters (generally) acting in a manner that was intelligent given their original goal, not often dissuaded by now pointless emotions, guided instead by logic. Despite what some would say about weak female characters, all characters acted as they should [how they should act having been explained before their move underground] leaving Emory and Melissa to act as the tough soldier she is and Melissa to save her group thanks to her superior intelligence.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
998.33 KB
seeders:2
leechers:0

All Comments

I've been looking for this book for almost a year. Thank you so much uploader!