Tony Scott, Bill Evans Trio - Sung Heroes (mp3 320)

seeders: 2
leechers: 1
Added on June 2, 2016 by JazzySoulin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Tony Scott, Bill Evans Trio - Sung Heroes (mp3 320) (Size: 95.04 MB)
 06 - For Stefan Wolpe.mp315.6 MB
 05 - Blues for an African Friend.mp314.56 MB
 09 - Lament for Manolette.mp312.33 MB
 03 - Remembrance of Art Tatum.mp311.79 MB
 01 - Misery (To Lady Day).mp39.65 MB
 04 - Requiem for Hot Lips Page.mp39.6 MB
 02 - Portrait Of Anne Frank.mp38.75 MB
 07 - Israel.mp36.96 MB
 08 - Memory of My Father.mp35.81 MB

Description

Excelllent description of the album by Mike Tarrani:

The first seven tracks were recorded at Fine Studios in NYC on October 28 and 29, 1959 and have both historical and musical significance. Historically those two sessions are credited as the first collaboration among Bill Evans, bassist Scott LaFaro and drummer Paul Motian who would form their own trio that would be regarded as the very best one led by Evans.

Musically this album showcases Tony Scott's compositional skills as well as his virtuoso command of a number of instruments. Thematically this album pays homage to Scott's heroes. Most of these tracks were also released on an album titled Dedications.

The full Evans/LaFaro/Motian trio only appears on tracks 1, 4 and 5, backing Scott on Clarinet. Track 2 is Scott solo on clarinet and baritone sax and on track 3 Scott takes over on piano backed by LaFaro on bass and Motian on drums. Tracks 6 and 7 is a duo of Scott on clarinet and Evans on piano.

The final two tracks were recorded sometime in 1958. I was unable to track down specifics other than Scott is solo on guitar on track 8, and on clarinet backed by Juan Sastre on guitar.

To my ears each track contains not only amazing compositions, but also a showcase for Scott's mufti-instrumental talents. He is sadly less known than the sidemen whom he picked for this album. In fact, not three months after this session Evans, LaFaro and Motian were so solidified as a trio that they recorded and released Portrait In Jazz, which went on to become a seminal album.

Remastered Portrait in Jazz

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
95.04 MB
seeders:2
leechers:1
Tony Scott, Bill Evans Trio - Sung Heroes (mp3 320)