Tournemire - Sym #3 - P Bartholomee, Orch Phil de Liege (1997) [Philidor; FLAC]

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on September 24, 2015 by Philidorin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Tournemire - Sym #3 - P Bartholomee, Orch Phil de Liege (1997) [Philidor; FLAC] (Size: 98.25 MB)
 04 Assez modere.flac28.28 MB
 01 Bien modere.flac26.35 MB
 03 Les cloches de Moscow - lentement.flac25.84 MB
 02 Avec du mouvement.flac17.75 MB
 tournemire.jpg21.91 KB
 Pierre Bartholomee,Orch Phil de Liege - Tournemire- Sym #3 (Moscow).log6.65 KB
 Charles Tournemire bio.txt2.2 KB

Description

Charles Tournemire was a pupil of Cesar Franck, both in composition and organ. He is best known today for his voluminous publication of organ works, several of them still in the regular repertoire, but his classical works for orchestra deserve more attention. They were too studied for the pops, too musically advanced (Tournemire accepted influences over time from Debussy, Ravel, and Prokofiev) for the academics. A lonely figure, he drew strength from the depth of his personal relationships, at home and at work. This, the first of two symphonies of his I'll be uploading, is the older of the two, already demonstrates a sound understanding of mature Debussy. The musical reference in each movement to bells, and the symphony's nickname, Moscow, refers to the traditional name Moscow held for hundreds of years until the 20th century: The City of the Bells.

Transfers are made at 768 kBits/s, directly from the disc.

Bio enclosed. You can find all my classical uploads by searching on Philidor, or just looking in this regularly updated thread:

http://kickasstorrents.ee/community.../philidor-s-classical-stuff/

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
98.25 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Tournemire - Sym #3 - P Bartholomee, Orch Phil de Liege (1997) [Philidor; FLAC]

All Comments

Thanks very much. I appreciate the thought.