TRC - Nation (2013) [Gorgatz]

seeders: 3
leechers: 2
Added on November 18, 2013 by Gorgatzin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

TRC - Nation (2013) [Gorgatz] (Size: 107.73 MB)
 10. Ex Games.mp311.96 MB
 01. Finger Fuck You.mp311.16 MB
 12. Nation.mp310.61 MB
 05. Between Bridges.mp310.59 MB
 07. We Bring War.mp310.17 MB
 02. 10,000 Hours.mp310.01 MB
 04. #TeamUK.mp39.52 MB
 11. Weekend Walls.mp38.81 MB
 09. Beefeater 2.mp38.07 MB
 06. Gold Medal Music.mp36.96 MB
 03. Motivator.mp36.05 MB
 08. Beefeater 1.mp33.68 MB
 Cover.jpg149.5 KB

Description

TRC - Nation (2013) [Gorgatz]

- I N F O -

The UK hardcore scene is currently so packed with bands, both good and bad, that attempting not to sound like anyone else is a difficult task indeed. One example of not falling into this trap, however, is TRC, a band that is refreshingly combining grime with hardcore, adding fresh new flavours within the hardcore scene. Now for me, when their 2011 album ‘Bright Lights‘ came out, the idea and potential was there, but the execution wasn’t. This was until they released the single ‘#TeamUK‘ (included as track 4 on ‘Nation‘), when they showed the world what they can really do, with fantastic patriotism at the same time. Now that we finally have new album ‘Nation‘, is their potential truly shown? The answer is most definitely a massive fuck yeah.

‘Nation‘ is packed front to back with 8/9 out of 10 songs with the exception of lead single ‘We Bring War’, which has to be a modest 9.6 out of 10; a relentless, full throttle rager of a song, just excellence in its purest form. TRC’s Charlie Wilson has to be up there with the best riff writers out there in the UK at the moment. His work on ‘Nation‘ is excellent on a very riff heavy album, there’s some very well executed rapped speeches, and the album also contains the best use of breakdowns on a hardcore album I’ve heard for a long time. The opening 2 tracks show how the band can excel with equally technical and bouncy instrumentation, just made to jump around like a daft bugger in packed sweaty venues.

Now a lot has been said about rap vocalist Chris Robson, whom I will get onto in just a moment. Right now I’d like to give some credit to the unsung harsh vocalist Anthony Carroll. Carroll’s raspy screamed vocals offer such a raw intensity to TRC’s music, adding such ferocity and venom to the tracks he features on. His vocals on the tracks ‘Motivator‘ and especially ‘We Bring War’ go fantastically with Robson’s vocals, which is what pushes the quality of these tracks over the edge. If there’s one criticism I have of this album, it would be Carroll’s underused vocals, which only feature on 4 tracks on the album. As stated earlier, Robson’s vocals have been talked about a lot with regards to this album, mainly because his vocals and lyrics are nothing short of amazing here, and this is what gives TRC their unique selling point. His style and sometimes, lyrical themes have split opinion on occasion, but this is what takes TRC’s music to a whole new dimension, and offers different themed songs not usually heard within UK hardcore, giving TRC yet another great stand out point. Robson delivers his lyrics with such passion and a real bite, which makes it very difficult to see why some people are H.A.T.E.R.S.

TRC definitely deserve a hell of a lot more credit than they get, and certainly should be playing in bigger venues than they currently are. They have produced an absolute stormer of an album in ‘Nation‘ and this is definitely one of the finest in a line of brilliant albums released in 2013. Make sure to catch them on their October/November tour, they’re playing enough dates, so you have no excuses.

It takes either ability or uniqueness to break through in the congested UK hardcore scene, with new bands emerging and competing on a daily basis. TRC have had both of the above for a few years now but have never really surfaced, remaining as primarily an underground band. ‘Nation’ should see that change because it’s undoubtedly their best and most accomplished work. The fact it’s being partly released by No Sleep Records will help but ‘Nation’ is a beast of entirely its own making, which should see the band become pioneers of crossover music.

TRC’s main appeal comes in the form of lead vocalist Chris Robson, who delivers his strongest performance on ‘Nation’. He’s the aspect of TRC that will make or break how you value the album – for me he defined it. Robson is excellent both vocally and lyrically, and ‘Nation’ is at its best when he has the mic. His grime influenced rapping style won’t sit with everyone but it works very well on his bands third full length. It gives TRC that uniqueness I mentioned earlier, and adds another level to their music that sets it above standard hardcore music. It isn’t just his lyrics or confidence, but the venom with which he delivers, most noticeable on ’10,000 Hours’ where he fires off about his own ability, whilst showcasing his storytelling ability. Secondary vocalist Anthony Carroll takes more of a backseat on ‘Nation’, only appearing on 4 tracks, but his raspy shouting adds ferocity and bite to the albums heavier and more traditional hardcore songs like ‘Motivator’. The back and forth moments between the two on lead singles ‘#TeamUK’ and ‘We Bring War’ are excellent, but Carroll is more suited for a live environment, and never really shines in the studio.

However, there’s a lot more to TRC than their two contrasting vocalists. Instrumentally ‘Nation’ is excellent, ticking all the boxes for a release of this type. It thunders along and rarely relents, bar a few quieter moments for Robson to take the reins. It’s exhilarating and heavy in equal measure with plenty of breakdowns, and a few guitar solos on ‘Ex Games’ and ‘Weekend Walls’. There isn’t a massive amount of variety, sticking to a traditional heavy hardcore sound and using it to run listeners into the ground. It does become a little repetitive towards the final few tracks, but considering its longer than a lot of hardcore albums it is somewhat expected. There’s a bit more experimentation on ‘Between Bridges’, which has a soaring chorus to match the female vocals the song contains, but for the most part ‘Nation’ is riff heavy and savage, with a few electronic elements thrown in for good measure. The opening minute of final track ‘Nation’ and closing minute of ’10,000 Hours’ show the band can excel without vocals and some of these more technical instrumental moments are truly devastating. ‘Nation’ consists of twelve songs that will make you want to break stuff, and considering TRC’s already crushing live shows, the songs here will cause chaos.

The tracks where the vocals and instrumentals are equally aggressive and adventurous are when ‘Nation’ really hits its peak. I’ve given ‘#TeamUK’ a lot of time since hearing it on Radio 1 at the start of the year and it’s one of the best songs on show here, offering a take on the British music scene and name-dropping artists like Dappy and Lower Than Atlantis. ‘We Bring War’ is probably the most accomplished from an instrumental perspective, whilst ‘Beefeater 1’ and Beefeater 2’ perfectly capture the destructive side of TRC, sounding more like statements of intent than songs. Sure, ‘Nation’ won’t top any end of year lists, but it is 43 minutes of blistering experimental hardcore that’s hard to forget and even harder to ignore. The Revolution Continues.

- T R A C K L I S T -

01. Finger Fuck You
02. 10,000 Hours
03. Motivator
04. #TeamUK
05. Between Bridges
06. Gold Medal Music
07. We Bring War
08. Beefeater 1
09. Beefeater 2
10. Ex Games
11. Weekend Walls