Treatise on Tactics in Chess - The Decoy - annotated by KlangenFarben

seeders: 1
leechers: 1
Added on July 19, 2016 by Klangenin Applications > Windows
Torrent verified.

Treatise on Tactics in Chess - The Decoy - annotated by KlangenFarben (Size: 4.99 MB)
 Treatise on Tactics in Chess - The Decoy - annotated by KlangenFarben.pgn5.18 KB
 Treatise on Tactics in Chess - The Decoy - annotated by KlangenFarben.cbv7.62 KB
 The First Greatest Decoy - Reti v Tartakower, Vienna 18 July 1910.pdf4.98 MB

Description

All examples are from recorded games and thus not subject to any copyright law.

The annotations are mine and mine alone, but I will do the right thing and put all original content--and there is no content from a third party in this package--into the public domain. If you do use some it, throw me a bone and mention KlangenFarben.

When discussing tactical themes with students (always a favorite it seems, everyone wants to win brilliantly and quickly. no-one wants to know the basics of how to win a won game), The Decoy provides expresso where most of the other themes offer half-caf/half-decalf. (How many times can one go over The Pin?)

Putting this together, I noticed that in nearly all the cases I considered the decoy, once found, was followed by easy-to-find continuations. The one serious except is the double decoy missed by Chigorin; if he managed to find that move, the game probably would have gone viral and known to the entire chess-playing world by 1900, beating out Reti's study as the first chess piece to go viral in a hard-copy-only world.

Thanks to the Usual Suspects for your support and encouragement, you know who you are.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
4.99 MB
seeders:1
leechers:1
Treatise on Tactics in Chess - The Decoy - annotated by KlangenFarben