Tubular Bells-Mike Oldfield, audiophile vinyl rip, Linn/Naim, EAC FLAC, 200g LP

seeders: 8
leechers: 1
Added on September 25, 2015 by RonChattin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Tubular Bells-Mike Oldfield, audiophile vinyl rip, Linn/Naim, EAC FLAC, 200g LP (Size: 250.16 MB)
 IMG_0002.jpg787.3 KB
 LP12.jpg134.39 KB
 Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells.cue434 bytes
 Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells.flac248.87 MB
 Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells.jpg120.02 KB
 Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells.log4.62 KB
 sources.jpg149.89 KB
 Tubular bells cover.jpg120.02 KB

Description

image image image image

Made from the 200g Classic Records LP remastering. Associated hardware was a fully Naimed Linn Sondek LP12 (Armageddon supply, Aro Tonearm, Lyra Helikon SL cartridge, Prefix K phono stage powered by a dedicated Supercap. Mains power was handled by a 10kVA balanced transformer. Click on the thumbnail pictures above to see them full size.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
250.16 MB
seeders:8
leechers:1
Tubular Bells-Mike Oldfield, audiophile vinyl rip, Linn/Naim, EAC FLAC, 200g LP

All Comments

The A/D conversion was done with a late 90s era Yamaha CD-recorder, which as a GREAT a/d stage (and a crappy D/A one-but that doesn't matter here). The Yamaha player like the rest of the system was fed balanced power-but also was given good cabling (I think I used Kimber Select 1030 for some rips) as well as sited on some Sonority isolation platforms etc.

As the 16/44 rips I made were very VERY close to the original vinyl sources, at least when played back through a much tweaked Naim CDS3 player, there was no significant benefits to be had going to 24/96, while the extra file size would have proved a significant downside.

Its not just the number of bits you archive something into....its the quality of the analog source being archived AND the quality of the hardware doing the A/D conversion.

Listen to the other vinyl rips I have available here....most of them sound phenomenal (Tubular Bells has great sound, but is not the best that vinyl can offer).

I bet a 16/44 rip from my Linn/Naim system stomps all over one made with a 24 bit computer sound card fed from a Technics turntable/Audio Technica cartridge into a mid-price receiver.

I recommend you start at one torrent I have called 'Audiophile Vinyl Rips'....it is made using a $15,000 phono stage that handily outperformed the Naim Prefix-K/Supercap that I had used with the Linn Sondek. Listen to that and ask yourself....is 24 bit really needed?
An audiophile vinyl rip, 200g LP, uploaded to 16/44 CD-quality.... Why not uploaded to 24/96 hi-res quality?
I love my music but aren't an audiophile like yourself, so this will be interesting. I have this ripped Apple lossless from CD so can't wait to compare and to see how these old ears have held up over the years.
Thanks again.
You can hear the vinyl, so real. . .
Thank you for all your efforts.