Two books on Archaeological Theory by Shanks and Tilley PDF

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on January 8, 2015 by Pipiinin Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

Two books on Archaeological Theory by Shanks and Tilley PDF (Size: 6.31 MB)
 Shanks&Tilley - Re-Constructing Archaeology.pdf5.01 MB
 Shanks&Tilley - Social Theory and Archaeology.pdf1.3 MB
 Torrent downloaded from demonoid.pw.txt46 bytes

Description

When I was at University a colleague at the museum I worked at asked for my reading list. Anything by Shanks and/or Tilley she crossed out with the note "Avoid like the plague" If you disagree, feel free to download these two books
Thanks to Firestorm for seeding

Re-constructing Archaeology: Theory and Practice
Very clear analysis of historical and current theory.

Social Theory and Archaeology
Archaeological theory and method have recently become the subject of vigorous debate centred on the growing realization that archaeological theory is social theory and as such can be looked at by means of a wide variety of sociological frameworks, such as structuralism and post-structuralism, Marxism and critical theory. In this analysis, Shanks and Tilley argue against the functionalism and positivism which result from an inadequate assimilation of social theory into the day-to-day practice of archaeology. Aimed at an advanced undergraduate audience, the book presents a challenge to the traditional idea of the archaeologist as explorer or discoverer and the more recent emphasis on archaeology as behavioural science. The authors examine and evaluate the new possibilities for a self-reflexive, critical and political practice of archaeology, productively linking the past to the present.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
6.31 MB
seeders:2
leechers:0
Two books on Archaeological Theory by Shanks and Tilley PDF