War of the Satellites (1958) DVDRip (SiRiUs sHaRe)

seeders: 1
leechers: 1
Added on April 25, 2008 by in Movies
Torrent verified.

Available in versions: DVDRip

War of the Satellites (1958) DVDRip (SiRiUs sHaRe) (Size: 801.16 MB)
 FAQ README.txt2.92 KB
 War of the Satellites (1958) DVDRip (SiRiUs sHaRe).avi801.15 MB
 War of the Satellites (1958).rtf4.27 KB

Description

War of the Satellites (1958)

An "unknown force" declares war against planet Earth when the United Nations disobeys warnings to cease and desist in its attempts at assembling the first satellite in the atmosphere.

Richard Devon ... Dr. Pol Van Ponder

Dick Miller ... Dave Boyer

Susan Cabot ... Sybil Carrington

Michael Fox ... Jason ibn Akad

Robert Shayne ... Cole Hotchkiss

Jered Barclay ... John Compo (as Jerry Barclay)

Eric Sinclair ... Dr. Howard Lazar

Bruno VeSota ... Mr. LeMoine

Jay Sayer ... Jay

Mitzi McCall ... Mitzi

Roy Gordon ... The President

Roger Corman ... Ground Control

Director: Roger Corman

Runtime: 72 mins

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052379/
/>

Codecs:

Video : 711 MB, 1515 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 640*496 (1.29:1), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4,

Audio : 90 MB, 192 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x2000 = AC3 DVM, CBR,

........................................................................................................................................

In October, 1957, the Soviet Union surprised everyone with the first successful launch and orbit of a spacecraft, a satellite dubbed "Sputnik". That name and the term "satellite" was on front pages of every newspaper in America.

"War of the Satellites" was produced by Roger Corman because he knew he could get a deal (funding) from his distributor by promising a film with the then hot buzz-word, "satellite", on the marquee. His plan worked and the film was rushed together. By then, Corman had a number of capable people he could count on to pull it off. Discount the war-surplus and junkyard props and and the hardly scientific premise and "War of the Satellites" turns out to be fun and a rather credible popcorn epic. It was released on a double bill and the title brought in the expected crowd.

........................................................................................................................................

I believe that I read somewhere that Roger Corman made this film in 4 days. I first saw it on a late Friday night weekly bad movie show from Channel 8 in Cleveland, Ohio, hosted by Ernie Andersen under the moniker "Ghoulardi". You can look him up on IMDb. He had great fun at the expense of this film which he selected as the all-time worst sci-fi film ever shown on his show. He would insert himself into the film and "interact" with the characters and turn the film into an hilarious romp. After commercial breaks, all sorts of hilarious hijinks would ensue that made it worthwhile to stay up late. I found this film on Ebay on DVD and have enjoyed it immensely. Find a copy and view it - you won't be sorry!

Years ago, I remember seeing this movie on a local syndicated TV station. I had completely forgotten about it until I came across a website writing a review about the movie. I tried to find the video but came up empty. After searching for quite awhile, I eventually found a copy. What I can't figure out is that "War of the Satellites" was a project of Roger Corman, a somewhat well known producer and director of low budget sci fi horror films of the 50's and 60's. This science fiction thriller which probably took 2 weeks to make, has a remarkably effective storyline combined with so-so special effects for that time period. This movie is hard to find and if you do happen to locate it, I would suggest getting it because it's not that bad of a rotten tomato.

* From the time this movie was conceived, it was reportedly only eight weeks later that the completed movie was playing in theatres.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
801.16 MB
seeders:1
leechers:1
War of the Satellites (1958) DVDRip (SiRiUs sHaRe)

Trailer