Warm Mittens and Socks:Dozens of Playful Patterns & Skillful Stitches to Knit, Crochet

seeders: 37
leechers: 29
Added on November 14, 2013 by KnittingLadyin Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Description

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
177.36 MB
seeders:37
leechers:29
Warm Mittens and Socks:Dozens of Playful Patterns & Skillful Stitches to Knit, Crochet

All Comments

Thank you
Great book, clear instructions with intermittent pictures of cats.
An excellent book, weirdly formatted.
The pages seem to be cut completely randomly, not at their logical beginning and end. They lack margins and page numbers, and some of them are of a smaller size than the others. You cannot just print this, because the text goes to the very sides of the page, and your printer would cut it off.

This said, it's an excellent book, totally worth having - so, also worth fixing. These North European ladies sure have a knack with socks and gloves, especially the Fair Isle type.

Update. Fixed it. I'll tell you how, in case you want to do it.

1. Save as .jpg in a folder. YOu'll see, with joy, that the pages are cut at the right place, not randomly, as in the .pdf. (Strange!). But still they have no margins, and are of awkward sizes, some of them thinner.
2. Copy one of the pictures OUTSIDE the folder.
3. Open that picture in photoshop. Go to "Actions" pane, select "New action". Name it whatever you like. (I named it "Socks")Click "Record" (the red button).
The action goes:
----------------
CTRL+ALT+I (it opens the Properties box)Change the width to 19 cm. Make sure the link thingie is on, so that the height also changes accordingly, in proportion. For the moment being don't worry about how much the height is. Click OK.
CTRL+ALT+C . It opens the canvas size dialogue. You will see Current Size, New Size, and then make sure the "Relative" box is ticked. Then at "width", write 2 centimetres and at height again 2 cm. These will be the margins. Make sure that "Canvas Extention Colour" is set on "White" (you want your margins to be white). Click OK.
CTRL+ALT+I. Again the properties. Now the width is good, 21 cm, but the height is lacking, it's less than 29. Click OK
[CTRL+ALT+C Canvas size. Calculate how much more height you need to reach 29 and add this. Click OK. This is not foolproof, because some will be shorter and some longer. You might want to skip it for now and adjust the highth later - that's what I did]
CTRL+S (save)
CTRL+W (close)

Action finished. Click the black "stop" button. Close the picture.
Then, go to File--Automate--Batch and you will see that this last action you created is there chosen by default. You only have to choose the folder where the pictures are, and clik OK. Then sit and enjoy as Photoshop does all the hard work for you on all the 112 pictures!

If you didn't fix the height yet, do it now, seeing how much is needed.

Now you have A4 pages, ready for printing, with nice margins on all sides.

If you wish, you can select all the pages, right click and "Convert supported files in Acrobat" to make a pdf if you like to have your stuff in that format for some reason.

P.S. Before making a pdf, do make sure the pages are in the right order. I haven't yet checked, but I have my doubts. There is a Table of Contents at the beginning, with names of projects, so you can check from there and in case put them into the right order. And when you put the right page numbers, make sure to put leading zeroes for the numbers 01 to 09, otherwise, when converting to .pdf, it will go 1,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,2,20 and so on, inserting 1,2,3 just before 10, 20, 30. When you put leading zeroes this does not happen!
TY!!!! Keep up the g00d w0rk!