Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders - The World Of (1996) aka The Very Best Of (1999) [Lossless FLAC

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on June 20, 2008 by in Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders - The World Of (1996) aka The Very Best Of (1999) [Lossless FLAC (Size: 276.38 MB)
 Back.jpg736.61 KB
 CD.jpg157.87 KB
 Folder-1 [Front].jpg1.13 MB
 Folder-2.jpg285.54 KB
 Folder-3.jpg261.88 KB
 Folder-4.jpg1.22 MB
 Inlay Inside.jpg85.15 KB
 Thumb.jpg29.21 KB
 Folder-2,3.jpg1.13 MB
 01 - The Game Of Love.flac11.75 MB
 02 - A Groovy Kind Of Love.flac10.8 MB
 03 - Pamela Pamela.flac11.99 MB
 04 - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um.flac13.31 MB
 05 - It's Just A Little Too Late.flac13.53 MB
 06 - Ashes To Ashes.flac13.66 MB
 07 - It Was Easier To Hurt Her.flac16.68 MB
 08 - Hello Josephine.flac14.9 MB
 09 - Uncle Joe, The Ice Cream Man.flac13.24 MB
 10 - The Words Of Bartholomew.flac15.95 MB
 11 - Like I Did.flac11.5 MB
 12 - The Letter.flac12.71 MB
 13 - Come On Home.flac14.38 MB
 14 - Long Time Comin'.flac11.99 MB
 15 - Goodbye Bluebird.flac17.12 MB
 16 - She Needs Love.flac13.87 MB
 17 - (Can't Live With You) Can't Live Without You.flac13.74 MB
 18 - Storybook Children.flac12.56 MB
 19 - Stop, Look And Listen.flac13.12 MB
 20 - Something Keeps Calling Me Back.flac11.15 MB
 AMG Bio.txt5.23 KB
 AMG Review.txt2 KB
 Notes.txt3.79 KB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.com.txt47 bytes

Description

Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders - The World Of.. (1996) a.k.a. The Very Best Of.. (1999)

Includes:

Files by track, ripped at FLAC 8 using Easy CD-DA Extractor (www.poikosoft.com)

Tracks have full tags (including embedded thumbnail).

All artwork (for both issues) in jpgs at 300 d.p.i. Rotated and cropped losslessly using jpegcrop.

AMG Bio.txt

AMG Review.txt

Notes.txt (which is simply these notes included in the torrent)

Bio Excerpt from All Music:

Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders first emerged out of apprentice telephone engineer Glyn Geoffrey Ellis' daydreams of becoming a successful pop performer. Rechristening himself Wayne Fontana after Elvis Presley's drummer, DJ Fontana, Fontana's first band was the Jets, a staple on the Manchester circuit through 1961-1962, but one which was doomed to failure. ....

To read the entire bio: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:kzftxqr5ldae~T1

All Music Album Review:

Following reasonably warm on the heels of Polygram's domestic Best Of, this set opens with the understandable duplication of the band's greatest hits. But while the last release just marched straightforwardly chronological, this one really goes walkabout. And if it's true that the Mindbenders are better remembered for featuring one half of 10cc (guitarist Eric Stewart and last days bassist Graham Gouldman), you wouldn't know it from this remarkably egalitarian collection. Stewart cops just one co-writing credit, Gouldman scores two. The emphasis, then, is on the less well-walked passages. Early singles and B-sides which don't figure on the domestic compilation include the band's storming debut "Hello Josephine," alongside "It's Just a Little Bit Too Late," a surprisingly strong cover of the Boxtops' "The Letter," "Long Time Coming," and "Like I Did," while original frontman Wayne Fontana's solo career is healthily represented by "It Was Easier to Hurt Her," "Storybook Children," "Something Keeps Calling Me Back," "Come on Home," "Words of Bartholomew," and "Goodbye Bluebird" -- some of the greatest and most underrated pop of the mid- to late '60s. It would, of course, have been preferable to see the story split into individual collections -- having shared a common destiny for three years, Fontana and the Mindbenders not only went their separate ways in 1966, they also launched increasingly divergent careers. Fontana went for classy pop, the band slammed from a groovy kind of bubblegum to a rough approximation of proto-hard rock. Still, any chance to pick up songs which, in their original form make hen's teeth seem plentiful, is gratifying and, if history is ever to rehabilitate the Mindbenders beyond the dubious charms of "Um Um Um Um Um Um," The World Of is a good place to start.

Taken from: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:0xfyxql0ldfe

This was reissued in 1999 as The Very Best of Wayne Fontana & the Mindbenders:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:wxfpxqrsldse

As I have both here I only ripped from The World Of.. The FreeDB database treats them the same.

Track List:

01. The Game Of Love

02. A Groovy Kind Of Love

03. Pamela Pamela

04. Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um

05. It's Just A Little Too Late

06. Ashes To Ashes

07. It Was Easier To Hurt Her

08. Hello Josephine

09. Uncle Joe, The Ice Cream Man

10. The Words Of Bartholomew

11. Like I Did

12. The Letter

13. Come On Home

14. Long Time Comin'

15. Goodbye Bluebird

16. She Needs Love

17. (Can't Live With You) Can't Live Without You

18. Storybook Children

19. Stop, Look And Listen

20. Something Keeps Calling Me Back

My other torrents: http://www.demonoid.com/files/?uid=3919015&seeded=2

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
276.38 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders - The World Of (1996) aka The Very Best Of (1999) [Lossless FLAC