Wilfred Charles Heinz - Once They Heard The Cheers [Kindle azw3]

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on August 5, 2015 by MisterGagain Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Wilfred Charles Heinz - Once They Heard The Cheers [Kindle azw3] (Size: 1.65 MB)
 Cover.jpg216.1 KB
 metadata.opf1.5 KB
 Once They Heard the Cheers - Wilfred Charles Heinz.azw31.43 MB

Description

Wilfred Charles Heinz - Once They Heard The Cheers

Once might not be for everyone. Of the 19 profiles in the book, 13 of them focus on boxers; those who are not interested in reading about boxing might want to look for another book. Also, Once opens with a 40-page section detailing Heinz's experiences as a war correspondent during World War II; the section is good and I believe that Heinz means to tell his readers how he came to work as a sports reporter after the War. I thought that this section was overly long and that it did not "mesh" well with the rest of the book.

Of Once, Heinz remarks "My battle would be the same battle it has been for all the years, to try to put it all down - the way it looked and how they looked and what they said and how they said it - and to try to get it as right as I could get it in this book" (page 489). Heinz succeeded. Thirty years after Once's publication, it may take some effort to find it; if you are a sports fan, the effort will be worthwhile.

Publisher: Garden City N. Y. : Doubleday; 1st Edition edition (1979)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0385126093
ISBN-13: 978-0385126090

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.65 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Wilfred Charles Heinz - Once They Heard The Cheers [Kindle azw3]