Wraetlic [Alex Smoke] - Wraetlic [CONVEXLP002] 2013 WEB 320 [IDM / Techno / Leftfield] TMGK

seeders: 3
leechers: 2
Added on February 10, 2013 by themagickein Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Wraetlic [Alex Smoke] - Wraetlic [CONVEXLP002] 2013 WEB 320 [IDM / Techno / Leftfield] TMGK (Size: 117.3 MB)
 themagicke at KAT.url137 bytes
 TMGK Chillout Selection at Smokers Delight.url62 bytes
 01 - Wraetlic - Anothering.mp36.79 MB
 02 - Wraetlic - Scunner.mp37.02 MB
 03 - Wraetlic - Pintlegrist.mp36.46 MB
 04 - Wraetlic - There Without.mp38.31 MB
 05 - Wraetlic - Refrain.mp34.58 MB
 06 - Wraetlic - Skinflint.mp38.3 MB
 07 - Wraetlic - Hymn To The Departed.mp38.23 MB
 08 - Wraetlic - The Dearth.mp38.03 MB
 09 - Wraetlic - Better The Devil.mp36.55 MB
 10 - Wraetlic - Rats.mp36.25 MB
 11 - Wraetlic - The Watchful Eye.mp35.46 MB
 12 - Wraetlic - Scunner (Jon Convex Refix).mp312.58 MB
 13 - Wraetlic - Better The Devil (dBridge Advocate Mix).mp312.21 MB
 14 - Wraetlic - Rats (SCB Edit).mp316.45 MB
 Release Art.jpg88.89 KB
 Wraetlic - Wraetlic [CONVEXLP002] WEB.m3u511 bytes

Description

No Discogs | Junodownload | Beatport

Label: Convex Industries
Cat #: CONVEXLP002
Released: 4th February 2013

Tracklisting:

01 - Wraetlic - Anothering (2:58)
02 - Wraetlic - Scunner (3:04)
03 - Wraetlic - Pintlegrist (2:49)
04 - Wraetlic - There Without (3:38)
05 - Wraetlic - Refrain (2:00)
06 - Wraetlic - Skinflint (3:37)
07 - Wraetlic - Hymn To The Departed (3:36)
08 - Wraetlic - The Dearth (3:30)
09 - Wraetlic - Better The Devil (2:51)
10 - Wraetlic - Rats (2:44)
11 - Wraetlic - The Watchful Eye (2:23)
12 - Wraetlic - Scunner (Jon Convex Refix) (5:30)
13 - Wraetlic - Better The Devil (dBridge Advocate Mix) (5:20)
14 - Wraetlic - Rats (SCB Edit) (7:11)

LAME 3.98r 320kbps CBR Encoded.

Alex Menzies, better known as Alex Smoke, will release a new album in February under a new name, Wraetlic.

The Scottish DJ and producer has always had a moody edge to his music, but his new LP shows him getting more introspective than ever before. The self-titled album is a more stylistically open-ended affair than many of his past records, with IDM-inspired beats and his own broody vocals. Much of the record is fueled by his own discontents, from personal issues to political ones. It follows a brief dry spell for Menzies.

"The last couple of years have been annoyingly marred by health issues," he says. "I couldn't work nearly as much as I'd normally like. I had composed Faust but had then had a long time not being able to write much, so when I could work again I suddenly felt a new lease of life, a feeling which I hadn't had since my early days. I think the time away from working probably did me good in hindsight.”

Wraetlic will come out on Jon Convex's label, Convex Industries. In addition to 11 original tracks from Menzies, it includes remixes from Scuba (as SCB), Jon Convex and his Autonomic partner, D-Bridge.

source: http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=18340

Alex Smoke's vocal-oriented IDM/Pop project lands a debut album on Convex Industries. Mixing up styles from his previous tech house creations with androgynous vox in more succinct song structures, 'Wraetlic' makes for an endearing proposition, operating somewhere between LP5/EP7-era Ae, the kind of blue, robotic electronics pushed by Maceo Plex, and the doleful synth-pop of Jon Convex.

We like 'Scunner', not least for the title, and it's evocation of SpezialMaterials-style IDM, and we're also partial to the brittle, unstable arrangement of 'The Dearth', with its buried vocals and splintering rhythms, or the polychromatic dubstep lurch of 'Skinflint'. For added bonus, Jon Convex remixes 'Scunner' as a more robust, bass-heavy 'floor roller and dBridge's stop/starting Advocate Mix of 'Better The Devil' appears 'longside Scuba's thumping SCB edit of 'Rats'.

source: http://boomkat.com/downloads/645825-wraetlic-wraetlic

Enjoy and please seed.

http://smokers-delight.blogspot.co.uk/

http://tmgk-archive.blogspot.co.uk/

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
117.3 MB
seeders:3
leechers:2
Wraetlic [Alex Smoke] - Wraetlic [CONVEXLP002] 2013 WEB 320 [IDM / Techno / Leftfield] TMGK