[Yang Kuang PhD , Elleyne Kase]Pre-Calculus For Dummies(epub){Zzzzz}

seeders: 36
leechers: 7
Added on October 14, 2014 by zombie_roxin Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

[Yang Kuang PhD , Elleyne Kase]Pre-Calculus For Dummies(epub){Zzzzz} (Size: 5.03 MB)
 Pre-Calculus For Dummies.epub5.03 MB

Description

The fun and easy way to learn pre-calculus

Getting ready for calculus but still feel a bit confused? Have no fear. Pre-Calculus For Dummies is an un-intimidating, hands-on guide that walks you through all the essential topics, from absolute value and quadratic equations to logarithms and exponential functions to trig identities and matrix operations.

With this guide's help you'll quickly and painlessly get a handle on all of the concepts — not just the number crunching — and understand how to perform all pre-calc tasks, from graphing to tackling proofs. You'll also get a new appreciation for how these concepts are used in the real world, and find out that getting a decent grade in pre-calc isn't as impossible as you thought.

Updated with fresh example equations and detailed explanations
Tracks to a typical pre-calculus class
Serves as an excellent supplement to classroom learning

If "the fun and easy way to learn pre-calc" seems like a contradiction, get ready for a wealth of surprises in Pre-Calculus For Dummies!

Publisher: For Dummies; 2 edition (June 26, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1118168887
ISBN-13: 978-1118168882

Editorial Reviews

From the Back Cover

Grasp the principles and concepts you need to score high in pre-calculus

Getting ready for calculus but feel confused? Have no fear! This un-intimidating guide walks you through all the essential topics, from absolute value and quadratic equations to logarithms and exponential functions to trig identities and matrix operations. You'll understand the concepts — not just the number crunching — and see how to perform all the tasks you need to score high at exam time.

Pre-calculus 101 — get a review of the Algebra II you need to know, real numbers, and how to graph, solve, and perform operations with functions

What's your angle? — take a tour of the essentials of trigonometry, from angles, right triangles, and trig ratios to graphing the parent graph of the six basic trig functions

Keep it simple — discover how to simplify trig expressions and solve for an unknown variable using formulas and identities (and solve triangles that aren't right triangles using Law of Sines and Law of Cosines)

Not just plane thinking — delve into analytic geometry and system solving with the understanding of complex numbers, polar-coordinate graphing, conics, systems of equations, sequences, and more

Open the book and find:

An overview of pre-calculus

Tips on graphing trig functions like a pro

How to apply the major theorems and formulas

The lowdown on analytic geometry

Guidance on identifying limits and continuity

The 4-1-1 on working with a graphing calculator

The laws for solving oblique triangles

Everything you need to prepare for calculus

Learn to:

Grasp essential pre-calculus topics

Apply the major theorems and formulas

Tackle proofs with confidence and ease

About the Author

Yang Kuang, PhD, is a professor of mathematics at Arizona State University. He currently serves on the calculus committee where he and other members discuss what and how to teach calculus to students majoring in math and physical sciences. Elleyne Kase is a professional writer.

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

Not as motivating as the Complete Idiots counterpart
By M. Wang VINE VOICE on August 23, 2012

I bought this book for my son, who needs to review Pre-Calculus. He had just finished The Complete Idiot's Guide to Precalculus and really enjoyed the humor and real-life analogies in that book. This one is much drier and less intuitive, and requires my explanation from time to time. If you are buying just one book on the subject, I highly recommend the Complete Idiot's Guide instead.

Good book for newcomers to calculus or as a refreshers guide
By Colin Brown VINE VOICE on August 8, 2012

I've been out of school for a number of years now and thought I would refresh myself on that most hated of subjects, calculus. So why not go for the basics and get a dummies book?
To be honest I've not put a lot of stock in dummies guides before as they seemed superfluous and full of talk rather than learning. After reading this guide I may have to change my mind.
This book is really aimed at students who have a good grasp of algebra and are about to take calculus so wasn't really targetted for my purposes of using it as a refresher after a number of years. After a brief introduction of what you will learn and concepts you should already know it delves straight in with functions and graphing, two concepts used heavily throughout calculus. After this the book takes you through all the usual concepts such as Trig and Geometry, each chapter building on the knowledge you've learned in the previous one.
Each chapter leads you by the hand at the beginning and not so gradually introduces new concepts and techniques throughout, each with plenty of examples. The book is written well and doesn't play down to the "dummy" level, building your confidence and knowledge along the way.
If you are the intended target audience of someone about to study calculus then this book gives you a good introduction to the concepts and techniques that you will use. It is not an be-all-and-end-all book on calculus and you will need other books to finish your course. This is really an introductory book. As a refresher on concepts long since forgotten (as was my purpose for buying it), it met and even exceeded my expectations.
As an introductory book it does well, is easy to follow and the examples are well explained.

Well done. Good for review, refreshing or as a supplement. You do need to DO some math to master precalc though.
By Two kids mom TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICE on August 6, 2012

There is something just less intimidating about the Dummies series of texts than actual textbooks. I think it is the combination of the fact that they simply weigh less, the text is less dense and the tone is conversational rather than ivory tower. The particular book does a very good job of presenting the material in a non threatening and fairly humorous manner.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
5.03 MB
seeders:36
leechers:7
[Yang Kuang PhD , Elleyne Kase]Pre-Calculus For Dummies(epub){Zzzzz}

All Comments

Yes, Zombie ROCKS :)

Thanks for the great upload :)
Many Many THANKS!!