[Zed A. Shaw] Learn Python the Hard Way - PDF - zeke23

seeders: 4
leechers: 5
Added on December 18, 2014 by zeke23in Books
Torrent verified.

[Zed A. Shaw] Learn Python the Hard Way - PDF - zeke23 (Size: 2.56 MB)
 [Zed_A._Shaw]_Learn_Python_the_Hard_Way_A_Very_Si(Bokos-Z1).pdf2.56 MB

Description

Learn Python The Hard Way
by Zed Shaw, Greg Newman (Illustrator)
3.92 of 5 stars 3.92 · rating details · 348 ratings · 42 reviews
This simple book is meant to give you a first start in programming.

The title says it is the hard way to learn to write
code but it’s actually not. It’s the “hard” way only in that it’s the way people used to teach things. In this book you
will do something incredibly simple that all programmers actually do to learn a language:

1. Go through each exercise.
2. Type in each sample exactly.
3. Make it run.

That’s it. This will be very difficult at first, but stick with it. If you go through this book, and do each exercise for
1-2 hours a night, then you’ll have a good foundation for moving on to another book. You might not really learn
“programming” from this book, but you will learn the foundation skills you need to start learning the language.
This book’s job is to teach you the three most basic essential skills that a beginning programmer needs to know:
Reading And Writing, Attention To Detail, Spotting Differences.

Considering I'm a software developer by profession and already know enough Python to be dangerous, I'm definitely not the target audience for this book. I still bought it for 2 reasons: (1) I like Zed's writing and also read his blog. (2) I also teach programming courses and thought this book might give me some good ideas on how to teach certain concepts to our students. I wasn't disappointed, this book is an excellent introduction to programming, the methodology is refreshingly different from all the dreadful "Learn X in 21 days" books in that it actually stresses how tedious and annoying writing code can be and if you are a new software developer and use it like it's intended, you'll definitely learn a lot. I for one will recommend this in the future!

Zed A. Shaw is a software developer most commonly known for creating the Mongrel web server for Ruby web applications,[1] as well as his articles on technology, business, and technical communities. His most famous and well-covered piece was his article called "Rails is a Ghetto"[2][3] which has since been removed from his site.

Shaw authored the Mongrel web server for Ruby web applications.[5] Mongrel was the first web server used by Twitter, and inspired Node.js, according to its creator Ryan Dahl.[6] Mongrel2 is the language-agnostic successor to Mongrel.

He has also written a Python mail server called Lamson,[7] on which the mailing list site LibreList is built.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
2.56 MB
seeders:4
leechers:5
[Zed A. Shaw] Learn Python the Hard Way - PDF - zeke23