Adrian Wallwork - English for Writing Research Papers [2011] [A]

seeders: 30
leechers: 9
Added on April 6, 2014 by Anette14in Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

Adrian Wallwork - English for Writing Research Papers [2011] [A] (Size: 3.13 MB)
 Adrian Wallwork - English for Writing Research Papers [2011].pdf3 MB
 Book Covers.jpeg23.46 KB
 folder.jpg102.44 KB

Description

Product details
Book Title: English for Writing Research Papers
Book Author: Adrian Wallwork (Author)
Paperback: 348 pages
Publisher: Springer; 2011 edition (3 April 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1441979212
ISBN-13: 978-1441979216

Publishing your research in an international journal is key to your success in academia. This guide is based on a study of referees' reports and letters from journal editors on reasons why papers written by non-native researchers are rejected due to problems with English usage. It draws on English-related errors from around 5000 papers written by non-native authors, 500 abstracts by PhD students, and over 1000 hours of teaching researchers how to write and present research papers. With easy-to-follow rules and tips, and with examples taken from published and unpublished papers, you will learn how to: prepare and structure a manuscript increase readability and reduce the number of mistakes you make in English by writing concisely, with no redundancy and no ambiguityplan and organize your paper, and structure each paragraph and each sentence so that the reader can easily follow the logical build-up towards various conclusionswrite a title and an abstract that will attract attention and be readdecide what to include in the various parts of the paper (Introduction, Methodology, Discussion etc) select from over 700 useful phrases highlight your claims and contributionavoid plagiarism and make it 100% clear whether you are referring to your own work or someone else'schoose the correct tenses and style (active or passive) Other books in the series: English for Presentations at International Conferences English for Academic Correspondence and Socializing English for Research: Usage, Style, and Grammar English for Academic Research: Grammar / Vocabulary / Writing Exercises Adrian Wallwork is the author of more than 20 ELT and EAP textbooks. He has trained several thousand PhD students and academics from 35 countries to prepare and give presentations. Since 1984 he has been revising research papers, and in 2009 he set up englishforacademics.com - a proofreading and editing service specifically for researchers.

Reviews
“This book is that it focuses not just on how to write each section of a paper … but also on how to write clear, concise, unambiguous English … . It tells the students all kind of things that I have not found in other books on this topic … . I really recommend this book not just to students but also to EAP teachers … . written in a way that can be understood by students with an upper intermediate level of English.” (Louise Sutherland, Amazon, May, 2011)

"It may well be that a nine page contents section provokes thoughts of despair, and rightly so in some books, but not so for this book. The contents section in actual fact serves to allow the reader to accurately dip in and out of this book and have a particular question regarding writing research papers answered in a concise and straight forward fashion. The 308 pages are divided into 20 parts and each part is then further divided into sub chapters, each of which is titled with a question or simple statement, e.g., How should I structure my introduction or What tenses should I use? Most chapters, therefore, are short and to the point and effectively deal with an extremely fine aspect of writing, thus allowing the reader to cherry pick at will.
Every conceivable aspect of writing is covered in detail, including my own favourite chapter 20:14 Dealing with rejections!! Nothing is omitted and everything is dealth with in a very easy to read and succinct format...
This would be a useful book for those starting out on the research trail and for those struggling to get their work published. However, I suspect most of us would benefit from the odd chapter here and there..." (ICS News, Volume 7, Issue No 2, July 2011)

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
3.13 MB
seeders:30
leechers:9
Adrian Wallwork - English for Writing Research Papers [2011] [A]

All Comments

A very good guide for students.
thanks uploader!
very good book, thanks a lot