Modern Power Station Practices: Volume G Station Operation and Maintenance

seeders: 8
leechers: 4
Added on July 8, 2014 by mealyyuin Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

Modern Power Station Practices: Volume G Station Operation and Maintenance (Size: 27.03 MB)
 Modern Power Station Practices_ Volume G Station Operation and Maintenance.pdf27.03 MB

Description

NOTE: Photocopy, medium quality one, but it should be readable for most of teh contents...

Publication Date: April 1, 1993 | ISBN-10: 0080422470 | ISBN-13: 978-0080422473 | Edition: 3rd
The operation and maintenance of large generating units is just as complex as their design and manufacture. Based on the many years' experience gained from the daily operation of the British Electricity Supply System, this work conveys the lessons learned in developing the new techniques and provides a guide on the practical aspects of operating and maintaining large power stations, especially those with large generating units. Areas covered include planning and thermal-efficiency monitoring, the theory of large generator design, aspects of the operation of the generator and its auxiliary circuits, and safety and safe working practices.

Review
14 Sept 1990 A substantial degree of technological change has occurred in electricity generation since the last edition of Modern Power Station Practice in 1971. My organisation has been involved in that change, adopting many of the sound engineering practices of the CEGB which are so clearly and concisely captured in this robust and authorative third edition. I am particularly pleased to see the publication's comprehensiveness further enhanced by the addition of a practical guide to power station commissioning. This third edition truly reflects its solid pedigree in carrying forth a tradition of learning and practice for the engineering gernerations of today and tomorrow. I welcome and actively support this excellent publication. -- B. Flanagan Electricity Commission of New South Wales

14 Sept 1990 I feel strongly that this new edition of Modern Power Station Practice (MPSP) represents a significant improvement over the previous edition in terms of clarity of presentation of complex topics in a readable style, well illustrated application techniques, recent experiences and up to date technological information. Such a compendium of detailed work in the field of Power Station Practice and Technology is evidently the outcome of the cooperative efforts of authors and editors. I believe that their contributors will enhance the capabilities of practising engineers and technicians. This edition will certainly provide the users with a very useful guide on this subject, which is presented in a very exhaustive yet interesting and perspicuous manner. I have no doubt in my mind that the users of this edition of Modern Power Station Practice, e.g. Power Utilities, Consulting Engineers, Power Plant Practitioners and Librarians all over the world, will derive tremendous benefit and pleasure from the MPSP volumes and would find it a useful and very informative reference handbook. -- Government of Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity

14 Sept 1990 I hope that... be used widely to help promote the healthy development of the electric power industry in this world -- The Tokyo Electric Power Co Inc.

14 Sept 1990 Taipower has the privilege to take this opportunity to recommend to you the outstanding publication Modern Power Station Practice... Which comprehensively features the electric business in every aspect. -- Taiwan Power Company, S. M. Chang

14 Sept 1990 The 12 Modern Power Station Practice... an indispensable help for the experts in the filed of energy production. -- Hungarian Electricity Board Gyula Lengyel

14 September 1990 Such an up-to-date and modernised compendium of theoretical knowledge and practical experience will make a very useful addition to the library of power station reference material and its appearance is timely. -- I. C. McRae Chief Executive Eskom S. Africa

Sept 14 1990 The electric industry has gone through some tremendous changes in the past two decades and faces major challenges in the remaining decade of this century. The announcement that practice is to be published therefore, most timely, and BEI is to be congratulated on its efforts and its contribution towards helping to meet these challenges. -- American Electric Power Service Corporation W. S. White Jr.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
27.03 MB
seeders:8
leechers:4
Modern Power Station Practices: Volume G Station Operation and Maintenance

All Comments

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to upload this.

The source for this photocopy wasn´t very good though. There´s a lot of information that is bleached out or lost completely because of the angle the page has been copied with.