Rainbow - Difficult To Cure (1981) (Japan 2013 SHM-SACD ISO)

seeders: 1
leechers: 23
Added on August 16, 2015 by BigBlackMetalin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

• Artist: Rainbow
  • Format: iso - lossy

Rainbow - Difficult To Cure (1981) (Japan 2013 SHM-SACD ISO) (Size: 1.7 GB)
 Difficult to Cure.iso1.69 GB
 folder.jpg126.7 KB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.ph.txt46 bytes
 Booklet 02-03.jpg1007.27 KB
 Booklet 04-05.jpg1021.04 KB
 Booklet 06-07.jpg968.9 KB
 Booklet 08-09.jpg805.58 KB
 Booklet 10-11.jpg749.3 KB
 Booklet 12-13.jpg811.78 KB
 Booklet 14-15.jpg752.14 KB
 Cover Back.jpg396.07 KB
 Cover Front.jpg912.58 KB
 Disc.jpg360.59 KB

Description

Released 3 February 1981
Recorded Sweet Silence Studios, Copenhagen, Denmark, Kingdom Sound Studios, Long Island, New York
Genre Hard rock, Album-oriented rock
Label Polydor UIGY-9540
Producer Roger Glover
Length 42:05

Track List

1. I Surrender 04:05
2. Spotlight Kid 04:57
3. No Release 05:37
4. Magic 04:10
5. Vielleicht Das Nächste Mal (Maybe Next Time) 03:20
6. Can’t Happen Here 04:59
7. Freedom Fighter 04:25
8. Midtown Tunnel Vision 04:34
9. Difficult To Cure 05:58

This SACD rip was created using sacd-ripper for PS3 version 0.21.

Difficult to Cure is the fifth studio album by the British hard rock band, Rainbow, and was released in 1981. The album marked the further commercialization of the band’s sound, with Blackmore once describing at the time his like of the rock band, Foreigner.

The album material was started with singer Graham Bonnet still in the band, getting as far as recording an early version of “I Surrender”, before Bonnet left the band due to his dissatisfaction over the material. American singer Joe Lynn Turner, formerly of Fandango was recruited and sang over already completed musical tracks. Turner stated that, because of this, he was singing in higher keys than he would do normally (and would do subsequently).

“I Surrender” would be the band’s highest charting single in the UK, reaching No. 3.

All Music Review

Rainbow ditched vocalist Graham Bonnet after Down to Earth, hiring former Fandango singer Joe Lynn Turner as their frontman. As it turns out, Turner is less hyperbolic than his predecessor, which fits the focused polish of Difficult to Cure. Where Down to Earth was a streamlined version of early Rainbow, Difficult to Cure is a shot at crossover. Problem is, the band never comes up with the right crossover songs. Russ Ballard’s “I Surrender” comes close, but much of the record is fairly undistinguished, riding on strident melodies and big riffs that are never quite memorable. It’s all given a contemporary sheen, with plenty of studio gloss that now instantly evokes the early ’80s. On that level, it’s somewhat of an entertaining artifact — anyone pining for an example of what album-oriented radio sounded like in the pre-MTV years should check this out — but it’s never more than that, since the bids at chart success are only occasionally memorable (“I Surrender,” “Magic”). Perhaps Ritchie Blackmore felt stifled by the exacting nature of Difficult to Cure’s attempt at crossover — witness how “Spotlight Kid” veers from a dexterous Blackmore solo to a ridiculous keyboard run, then just verges on collapse — and that’s the reason why each side ends with a pretentious pseudo-classical instrumental that functions as nothing more than a guitar showcase. Certainly, his playing is impeccable, but both numbers are really awkward (particularly the title track, based on Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony and with a weirdly synthesized pulse as a rhythmic underpinning) and just highlight the fact that Difficult to Cure would have been better if Blackmore had channeled that energy into the rest of the album.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.7 GB
seeders:1
leechers:23
Rainbow - Difficult To Cure (1981) (Japan 2013 SHM-SACD ISO)