Ryan Star - A N G E L S + A N I M A L S [320kbps] (2014) [Gorgatz]

seeders: 4
leechers: 1
Added on March 17, 2014 by Gorgatzin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Ryan Star - A N G E L S + A N I M A L S [320kbps] (2014) [Gorgatz] (Size: 120.95 MB)
 10 - Bullet.mp317.46 MB
 06 - Fuck'n Up.mp314.05 MB
 03 - World I Used to Know.mp311.84 MB
 04 - Impossible.mp39.94 MB
 08 - My Life With You.mp39.81 MB
 05 - We Were Kings.mp39.03 MB
 07 - I Will Survive.mp39.01 MB
 11 - Where the Island Ends.mp38.99 MB
 01 - Sailing On.mp38.2 MB
 09 - Gone to Heaven.mp37.76 MB
 02 - Spaceman Fugitive.mp37.46 MB
 12 - Impossible (Animals Redux).mp37.37 MB
 Cover.jpg33.7 KB

Description

Ryan Star - A N G E L S + A N I M A L S [320kbps] (2014) [Gorgatz]

- I N F O -

Ryan Star calls his new album "a complete risk."
That's understandable, considering the Dix Hills native walked away from his major-label contract with Island Records. (His deal with Island came after he walked away from his major-label contract with Atlantic Records last year when he was able to turn his song "Stay Awhile" into a radio hit without the company's help.)

"That's not even on my mind," he says of releasing the album on his own. "That isn't entering into my creative process. It isn't entering into my life."
For him, the risk of "Angels + Animals" (Ryan Star), which will be released Tuesday, is purely artistic. Inspired by the work of Bon Iver and Frank Ocean, Star decided he was simply going to record from the heart.

"There are mistakes everywhere on this record, but that's OK," he says. "I wanted to concentrate on the emotion more. I'm not a pop singer. You can use production to make me sound more perfect. I didn't want to do it. I wanted to just embrace the uniqueness."

Unlike his last album, "11:59" (Atlantic), "Angels + Animals" doesn't rely on massive-sounding production and big-name producers. "Most of the songs were written on the piano in my apartment," Star says. "A lot of the vocals were done in one take."

On the wrenching "Bullet," which was recorded live with his band on the first take, you can hear Star give directions during the recording. On some tracks, you can hear the tape recorders clicking on and off.
"I didn't want to lose the heart of it by doing it in the room for somebody else," he says. "It was about letting the song be the way it was."

- T R A C K L I S T -

1. Sailing On
2. Spaceman Fugitive
3. World I Used To Know
4. Impossible
5. We Were Kings
6. F*ck'n Up
7. I Will Survive
8. My Life With You
9. Gone To Heaven
10. Bullet
11. Where the Island Ends