Southern Cross - Classic 1976 Aussie Rock - Very Rare (FLAC)

seeders: 34
leechers: 7
Added on January 5, 2015 by MoofieManin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Southern Cross - Classic 1976 Aussie Rock - Very Rare (FLAC) (Size: 822.25 MB)
 06. Games.flac171.38 MB
 04. You Need It.flac105.72 MB
 08. What Am I Waiting For.flac104.62 MB
 07. Jesse.flac101.14 MB
 02. Stormy Lady.flac98.19 MB
 01. Harris Street.flac95.48 MB
 05. Money Maker.flac93.58 MB
 03. Storyteller.flac52.15 MB

Description

NOTE FROM UPLOADER: I HAVE UPLOADED A BETTER VERSION OF THIS TORRENT AT https://kickass.so/southern-cross-rare-1976-aussie-rock-new-complete-version-remastered-lp-to-flac-t10052675.html

PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS VERSION ANYMORE AS IT IS INCOMPLETE. WHILE IT WAS GOOD FOR THE TIME, IT HAS BEEN SUPERSEDED. THE COMPLETE, UNADULTERATED VERSION IS AT THE ABOVE LOCATION.

Thanks,
MoofieMan.

Southern Cross were a heavy rock band formed by ex-Buffalo members Alan Milano and John Baxter. Milano was co-vocalist on Dead Forever while John Baxter was responsible for Buffalo's heavy rock sound. By the time this recording came about Baxter had left to be replaced by Bruce Cumming. (via midoztouch)

After Buffalo some members went on to other projects. Peter Wells formed Rose Tattoo & had a distinguished solo career. Dave Tice went to the UK to join the Count Bishops & around 1981 returned to Australia to continue touring & recording as a solo artist & as a member of the Headhunters. He is currently playing in the Dave Tice Band & with ex AC/DC bassist Mark Evans as Tice & Evans. (see http://www.davetice.com) John (Jack The Riffer) Baxter played with Boy Racer & Southern Cross. Some material is believed to have been recorded but has never seen a release. Alan Milano was also a member of Southern Cross after leaving Buffalo after Dead Forever... (Wikipedia)

(this biographical summary from: http://crotchbat.blogspot.com.au/2007/06/heavy-rock-band-formed-by-ex-buffalo.html)

I received this album on cassette when I was seven years old and listened to it tirelessly for about 12 years, until it went missing at some point. Wish I still had that tape...

This album is almost impossible to purchase these days and almost impossible to find even on torrent sites. I found it years ago on one site (that will remain nameless) - recorded from LP, and began downloading it with much joyousness, only to have my joy turn to horror as I realised it was not complete - the one seeder that was there had incomplete files!

I left it hanging for weeks in the hope that another seeder would appear, but to no avail. It seemed that the 97.6% that I had was ALL there was going to be.

Not to be beaten, I spent a week laboriously 're-building' the songs. Luckily I had heard the full album so many times as a kid, I had no trouble rebuilding the original arrangements. It was worth it, coz I have the album back again. Once I had reconstructed the songs, I did a remaster in Sound Forge and was quite happy with the results for the time.

Recently I fine tuned the remaster through Sound Forge Pro version 10. I was able to clean it up further, doing tops and tails (the songs begin and end right on the money), removed pops and crackle, equalised it a bit further using Sony Xpress Graphic EQ (this sured up low bass and ultra trebles). Finally, I ran it through Nomad BluesTube Brickwall with a custom 'master mix leveller' that amplified and levelled to -0.4dB.

I'm just so happy to be able to upload this in its complete form, fully remastered, re-sampled and rendered in FLAC format for others to enjoy. Most importantly - it's seeded! Hope you enjoy Southern Cross - Southern Cross (their debut and only album to my knowledge).

Cheers,
Moofie Man

Thanks to all who seed - you are the lifeblood of the system.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
822.25 MB
seeders:34
leechers:7
Southern Cross - Classic 1976 Aussie Rock - Very Rare (FLAC)

All Comments

The music is really good chunky-70s rock,
files are pretty high bitrate FLAC,
but the sound quality is scratchy/staticy,
at least via MediaMonkey>Modi DAC>Magni amp>DT770 Pro.

Thanks for up!
No worries. I agree about the 'scratchiness', but it was not the greatest recording of the album in the first place. Someone else recorded it, upped it, then didn't fully seed it. The original MP3's (that I downloaded) sounded very average and were incomplete.

When I rebuilt them I had to take pieces from other parts of the song that were not quite ambient with where they were placed (to fill the gaps). If I ever get my hands on an original LP, cassette or better UL, I'll redo it and re-up it.

MM.
thanks m8 nice upl.
Not a prob! Glad you enjoyed it.