Stephen Ray - Upon This Rock: St. Peter and the Primacy of Rome in Scripture and the Early Church (EPUB, MOBI, PDF)

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on July 8, 2015 by catholicstuffin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Stephen Ray - Upon This Rock: St. Peter and the Primacy of Rome in Scripture and the Early Church (EPUB, MOBI, PDF) (Size: 2.5 MB)
 Upon This Rock_ St. Peter and t - Stephen K. Ray.pdf1.5 MB
 Cover.jpg52.38 KB
 metadata.opf2.51 KB
 Upon This Rock_ St. Peter and t - Stephen K. Ray.epub373.23 KB
 Upon This Rock_ St. Peter and t - Stephen K. Ray.mobi598.81 KB

Description

Stephen Ray, a former Evangelical Protestant and Bible teacher, goes through the Scriptures and the first five centuries of the Church to demonstrate that the early Christians had a clear understanding of the primacy of Peter in the see of Rome. He tackles the tough issues in an attempt to expose how the opposition is misunderstanding the Scriptures and history. He uses many Protestant scholars and historians to support the Catholic position. This book contains the most complete compilation of Scriptural and Patristic quotations on the primacy of Peter and the Papal office of any book available. It has over 500 footnotes with supporting evidence from Catholic, Orthodox, Evangelical, and non-Christian authorities.

Reviews:
"This book defends Catholic teaching against the opposition, using current Church teaching on the Old Testament foundation for the primacy and succession of Peter. A rich documentation, a fine study." - Cardinal Christoph Schönborn

"A veritable tour de force on behalf of the Petrine ministry, bringing together exegetes, the Fathers of the Church, the witness of history, and even Protestant scholars. The work is scholarly, objective, and accessible to all readers. Recommended wholeheartedly and unequivocally." - Fr. Peter Stravinskas

"Stephen Ray's book, Upon This Rock, is the most comprehensive book I have read on the subject of the position the Bishop of Rome holds in the Christian community, even if some do not recognize that position. It is the most thoroughly documented discussion available on the primacy of Peter in the early Church, and the primacy his successors in office have in the Church today. This book belongs in the library of every thinking Christian, Catholic or not." - James H. Dobbins, Ph.D.

"After reading opinions by James White and William Webster on the same subject, I thought I'd been given the full truth. But Mr. Ray's further, deeper development on White's/Webster's study showed me that I had only been given an incomplete story. What else about the Protestant faith is only 'partially' developed? Mr. Ray's presentation is overwhelming. One particular nugget in the goldmine of truth was not detailed in the New Testament, Old Testament, or the Church Fathers. It was a geography lesson on Caesarea Philllipi. It had never dawned on me what a long journey this was for Jesus and his disciples. The significance of the journey and the rock have come into focus! I am now dedicating myself to learning what other partial truths have been developed fully by the Catholic Church." - A Non-Catholic

"Upon This Rock was a well written and thought out book. It gave all the sources that he used and helped me to understand the depth of the Catholic position. I do not agree with Mr. Ray's conclusion but now I realize I may well be wrong. I think one goal of this book was to defend the Catholic Church and show why the church claims the authority it does. I have to admit many of my presuppositions have been changed and his work has helped me understand and even respect the faith of Catholics that much more." - A Non-Catholic

About the Author:
Stephen K. Ray was raised in a devout and loving Baptist family. His father was a deacon and Bible teacher, and Stephen was very involved in the Baptist Church as a teacher of Biblical studies. After an in-depth study of the writings of the Church Fathers, both Steve and his wife Janet converted to the Catholic Church. He is the host of the popular, award-winning film series on salvation history, The Footprints of God. Steve is also the author of the best-selling books Crossing the Tiber, and St. John's Gospel.

Related torrents:
Torrent: Stephen Ray - Finding the Fullness of Faith [audio presentation]
Torrent: Stephen Ray - Born Again? Faith Alone? [audio presentation]
Torrent: Stephen Ray - Abraham: Revealing the Historical Roots of Our Faith [audio presentation]
Torrent: Dr. Scott Hahn - Why Do We Have A Pope? (The Keys of David, the Keys of Peter) [audio presentation]
Torrent: Thomas Madden - Upon This Rock: A History of the Papacy From Peter To John Paul II (The Modern Scholar) [14-part audio course + PDF course guide]
Torrent: The Protestant's Dilemma: How the Reformation's Shocking Consequences Point to the Truth of Catholicism (EPUB, MOBI, PDF)
Torrent: Marcus Grodi - Journeys Home: The Journeys of Protestant Clergy and Laity Coming Home to the Catholic Church (EPUB/MOBI/PDF)
Torrent: Waking Up Catholic: A Guide to Catholic Beliefs for Converts, Reverts, and Anyone Becoming Catholic (EPUB, MOBI, AZW3, PDF)
Torrent: Why Catholic Bibles Are Bigger: The Untold Story of the Lost Books of the Protestant Bible (EPUB, MOBI)
Torrent: Where We Got the Bible: Our Debt to the Catholic Church (EPUB, MOBI)
Torrent: Jimmy Akin - The Fathers Know Best: Your Essential Guide to the Teachings of the Early Church (EPUB, MOBI)
Torrent: Tim Staples - Behold Your Mother: A Biblical and Historical Defense of the Marian Doctrines (EPUB, MOBI)
Torrent: David Currie - Rapture: The End-Times Error That Leaves the Bible Behind (EPUB, MOBI, PDF)

image image image image

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
2.5 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Stephen Ray - Upon This Rock: St. Peter and the Primacy of Rome in Scripture and the Early Church (EPUB, MOBI, PDF)