Various Artists - 2002 - Putumayo Presents: Mississippi Blues [FLAC]

seeders: 13
leechers: 6
Added on October 28, 2014 by cajunqueenlain Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Various Artists - 2002 - Putumayo Presents: Mississippi Blues [FLAC] (Size: 221.74 MB)
 01-Luther Allison - Part Time Love.flac17.65 MB
 02-Junior Wells - Come on in This House.flac36.19 MB
 03-Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup - Mean Ol' Frisco.flac13.37 MB
 04-Artie "Blues Boy" White - The More You Lie to Me.flac23.3 MB
 05-Ike & Tina Turner - 3 O'Clock in the Morning Blues.flac17.41 MB
 06-Bobby “Blue” Bland - St. James Infirmary Blues.flac14 MB
 07-Mississippi John Hurt - Make Me a Pallet on Your Floor.flac24.51 MB
 08-Chris Thomas King - Come on in My Kitchen.flac22 MB
 09-John Lee Hooker - Baby Don't Do Me Wrong.flac24.03 MB
 10-Memphis Minnie - I Got to Make a Change Blues.flac13.77 MB
 11-Memphis Slim - Stewball.flac15.5 MB
 Putumayo Presents: Mississippi Blues.cue3.34 KB
 Putumayo Presents: Mississippi Blues.log11.97 KB

Description

Ripped with XLD from original cd.

Please rate, seed & ENJOY! ~Queenie
From Allmusic:

Review by Chris Nickson [-]

More than Chicago, its electric home, or Detroit and Memphis, where it morphed into modern soul, Mississippi is the blues. But, like every musical form, the blues have evolved since the days Charley Patton lived on Dockery's Plantation and played house dances and juke joints around Clarksdale. And that very evolution is going to make any collection called Mississippi Blues problematic. To many, Mississippi is associated with the acoustic Delta blues. To a younger generation, it's the raw electric artists of Mississippi hill country who appear on the Fat Possum label (and who are essentially unrepresented here). To be fair, the compilers do their best in a thankless job. From the early generation listeners get Memphis Minnie, Memphis Slim, and Mississippi John Hurt (notably a cut from his '60s rediscovery). Slightly later come Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup -- one of Elvis Presley's inspirations, with his big, laid-back voice -- some relatively early Ike & Tina Turner, John Lee Hooker (an odd choice; although his roots were in Clarksdale, his work didn't begin until he was up north in Detroit), and the wonderful Bobby "Blue" Bland, with a take on the classic "St. James Infirmary." There is one young inclusion, happily, in the rising Chris Thomas King. But where's Muddy Waters, whose first work was recorded down in the Delta in the early '40s? Where are Robert Johnson and Charley Patton, whose styles epitomize and define early blues? Where's Junior Kimbrough or R.L. Burnside? This is a fair collection which tries to bill itself as "a musical journey down the Mississippi River," but from conception it never stood a chance of being remotely complete in just 11 tracks.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
221.74 MB
seeders:13
leechers:6
Various Artists - 2002 - Putumayo Presents: Mississippi Blues [FLAC]