Offline Stack Overflow and Stack Exchange sites through stackdump (2016-06-13)

seeders: 0
leechers: 5
Added on July 14, 2016 by Pipinpadiloxain Other > Tutorials
Torrent verified.

Offline Stack Overflow and Stack Exchange sites through stackdump (2016-06-13) (Size: 35.72 GB)
 stackdump_2016-06-13.7z35.72 GB

Description

What is this?
A local offline webserver with Stack Overflow and most of the Stack Exchange sister sites (see at bottom for which). You can search and browse all questions and answers up to 2016-06-13. The search is not quite as good as Google at figuring out what you're looking for, but it can be invaluable when you're out of internet access.

Why?
You could recreate this package by downloading the stackdump viewer and importing the stackexchange data yourself, but it would take a day or more of work, lots of RAM (> 10GB) and lots of disk space. I made this for myself, and thought I'd save you that effort.

Is this legal?
Yes. The data is released by Stack Exchange Inc. under cc-by-sa 3.0 which allows to "remix, transform, and build upon the material". The viewer program is stackdump by Samuel Lai, and is released under the MIT License.

How do I use this? What do I need?
You need Python (2.5 or later, but not 3.0), Java (6 or later) and 50 GB of disk space. The package is a working Mercurial repository (which also provides a way to check that the code hasn't been altered). You can update the stackdump viewer with a hg pull, as well as add and remove sites with manage.sh if you want more, or to free up space. See the stackdump site for instructions how.

Launching on Linux:
Once downloaded and the .7z unpacked, run this in the stackdump directory:
./start_solr.sh &./start_web.sh

to start up a webserver on http://localhost:8080. To shut it down, Ctrl+C, fg and Ctrl+C again.

Launching on Windows:
Launch these two scripts from a shell:
Start-Solr.ps1Start-StackdumpWeb.ps1

to start up a webserver on http://localhost:8080. To shut them down, Ctrl+C them.
You might need to first turn on script-running for PowerShell (run Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned in C:WindowsSysWOW64WindowsPowerShellv1.0powershell.exe started as Administrator). You might then need to edit Start-Solr.ps1 and reduce -Xmx2048M to -Xmx1048M (maybe only for 32-bit version of PowerShell? Not sure). After that, starting Start-Solr.ps1 and Start-StackdumpWeb.ps1 in two different C:WindowsSysWOW64WindowsPowerShellv1.0powershell.exes should put up the webserver.

Other OSes:
Should work if they have Python and Java, but I have not tried myself.

Which stackexchange sites are included?
Practically all of them. These ones and a few more:
3dprinting.stackexchange.com	 	3D Printingacademia.stackexchange.com	 	Academiaandroid.stackexchange.com	 	Android Enthusiastsanime.stackexchange.com	 		Animeapple.stackexchange.com		 	Ask Differentarduino.stackexchange.com	 	Arduinoaskubuntu.com			 	Ask Ubuntuastronomy.stackexchange.com	 	Astronomyaviation.stackexchange.com	 	Aviationbitcoin.stackexchange.com	 	Bitcoinblender.stackexchange.com	 	Blenderboardgames.stackexchange.com	 	Boardgamesbricks.stackexchange.com	 	LEGO Answerschemistry.stackexchange.com	 	Chemistrycodereview.stackexchange.com	 	Code Reviewcooking.stackexchange.com	 	Seasoned Advicecrypto.stackexchange.com	 	Cryptographycs.stackexchange.com		 	Computer Sciencecstheory.stackexchange.com	 	Theoretical Computer Sciencedatascience.stackexchange.com	 	Data Sciencedba.stackexchange.com		 	Database Administratorsdiy.stackexchange.com		 	Home Improvementdrupal.stackexchange.com	 	Drupal Answersdsp.stackexchange.com		 	Signal Processingeconomics.stackexchange.com	 	Economicselectronics.stackexchange.com	 	Electrical Engineeringengli{spam link removed}ackexchange.com	 English Language & Usagefreelancing.stackexchange.com	 	Freelancinggamedev.stackexchange.com	 	Game Developmentgaming.stackexchange.com	 	Arqadegis.stackexchange.com		 	Geographic Information Systemsgraphicdesign.stackexchange.com	 	Graphic Designjapanese.stackexchange.com	 	Japanese Languagemath.stackexchange.com		 	Mathematicsmathoverflow.net		 	Mathoverflowmechanics.stackexchange.com	 	Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repmoney.stackexchange.com		 	Personal Finance & Moneynetworkengineering.stackexchange.co 	Network Engineeringopendata.stackexchange.com	 	Open Dataphysics.stackexchange.com	 	Physicsproductivity.stackexchange.com	 	Personal Productivityprogrammers.stackexchange.com	 	Programmersraspberrypi.stackexchange.com	 	Raspberry Pirpg.stackexchange.com		 	Role-Playing Gamesscicomp.stackexchange.com	 	Computational Sciencesecurity.stackexchange.com	 	Information Securityserverfault.com			 	Server Faultsound.stackexchange.com		 	Sound Designstackoverflow.com		 	Stack Overflowstartups.stackexchange.com	 	Startupsstats.stackexchange.com		 	Cross Validatedsuperuser.com			 	Super Usertex.stackexchange.com		 	Tex - Latextor.stackexchange.com		 	Tortravel.stackexchange.com	 	Travelunix.stackexchange.com		 	Unix & Linuxux.stackexchange.com		 	User Experiencevi.stackexchange.com		 	Vi And Vimvideo.stackexchange.com		 	Video Productionwebapps.stackexchange.com	 	Web Applicationswebmasters.stackexchange.com	 	Webmasterswindowsphone.stackexchange.com	 	Windows Phonewordpress.stackexchange.com	 	Wordpress Developmentworkplace.stackexchange.com	 	The Workplaceworldbuilding.stackexchange.com	 	Worldbuilding

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
35.72 GB
seeders:0
leechers:5
Offline Stack Overflow and Stack Exchange sites through stackdump (2016-06-13)