Sammy Hagar - Sammy Hagar & Friends (2013) [Gorgatz]

seeders: 41
leechers: 14
Added on September 25, 2013 by Gorgatzin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Sammy Hagar - Sammy Hagar & Friends (2013) [Gorgatz] (Size: 159.4 MB)
 Sammy Hagar & Friends 005.jpg13.67 MB
 Sammy Hagar & Friends 001.jpg11.78 MB
 Sammy Hagar & Friends 007.jpg7.82 MB
 Sammy Hagar & Friends 009.jpg7.28 MB
 Sammy Hagar & Friends 003.jpg6.79 MB
 Sammy Hagar & Friends (back).jpg6.24 MB
 Sammy Hagar & Friends 008.jpg4.38 MB
 Sammy Hagar & Friends.jpg4.14 MB
 Sammy Hagar & Friends 004.jpg3.95 MB
 Sammy Hagar & Friends 006.jpg3.94 MB
 02. Not Going Down.mp311.35 MB
 08. Margaritaville.mp311.19 MB
 03. Personal Jesus.mp311.07 MB
 10. Going Down (Live In Studio-Take-1).mp310.14 MB
 04. Father Sun.mp38.43 MB
 07. Bad On Fords And Chevrolets.mp37.67 MB
 09. All We Need Is An Island.mp36.2 MB
 06. Ramblin' Gamblin' Man.mp35.96 MB
 01. Winding Down.mp35.72 MB
 05. Knockdown Dragout.mp35.24 MB

Description

- I N F O -

Bay Area rocker, Sammy Hagar was vacationing with his family in Tahiti last December when the inspiration came for “Sammy Hagar and Friends,” his new album due Sept. 24. That’s when the singer-guitarist wrote “Father Sun,” probably his favorite track on the upcoming star-studded collection.

“It’s the newest song [representing] who I am today,” Hagar told CBSNews.com.

The next thing Hagar knew, he was writing new tracks fast and furiously — and many of them were good enough to stay. “It’s kind of like everything else I do — I step in and it kind of sticks on my shoe and I drag it around with me for a while,” Hagar said.

Soon Hagar, 65, decided to call up some of his musician friends to see if they would guest on the set. His first call? Country singer Toby Keith. The two are good pals and often get together in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, where Hagar heads up his Cabo Wabo enterprise.

“Toby Keith is probably my No. 1 Cabo buddy. We’re pretty much in a ‘Margaritaville’ frame of mind,” said the “Red Rocker.”

But timing was tricky because of Keith’s hefty touring schedule, and actually getting around to recording the song came “down to the wire.” But in the end, they got it done. “He was the last guy to come in,” recalled Hagar. Naturally, the Cabo buddies recorded a version of Jimmy Buffett’s “Margaritaville.”

“I’ve been accused of being the heavy metal Jimmy Buffett since I left Van Halen — since I started my party trip,” said Hagar. “To me, this is a nod to Jimmy, saying ‘Yes, he’s the Godfather. He invented what I do now.’ I wasn’t a Parrothead or anything like that my whole life. I had no idea what he had going. Until I saw it. And I just went, ‘Wow, this dude has got it going on.’”

“Margaritaville” isn’t the only cover on the album. Hagar also recorded Bob Seger’s “Ramblin’ Gamblin’ Man,” a suggestion made by his wife. She loves the song, and Hagar being a big Seger-fan made it a perfect fit. “I think he’s one of the great American rock soul voices,” Hagar said of Seger.

Several other guests perform on “Sammy Hagar and Friends” including Kid Rock, Taj Mahal, Ronnie Dunn of Brooks & Dunn fame, Neal Schon from Journey, Hagar’s Chickenfoot bandmates Joe Satriani, Chad Smith and Michael Anthony, as well as the Grateful Dead’s Mickey Hart. Even Hagar’s former Montrose bandmates Bill Church and Denny Carmassi make appearances.

There is a new board game that's just out with lots of music trivia. There is a question about tequila and cantinas and the answer is obviously Sammy Hagar. Duh. The better question is name a singer who has gold records as a member of three different bands and as a solo artist? Same answer, Sammy Hagar. Now name another voice who can equal that. Sorry, there is only one. Sam's in a league of his own. Surprised? OK, but now let's throw in all the multi Platinum soundtracks and a whole list of other records that haven't gone Gold, but are still loaded with great songs. Sure we all know about the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame induction, but now they need to find a special place in there for this guy. Hello Cleveland?
From the Montrose albums that are an essential part of the foundation of what became heavy metal, through a solo career that produced I Can't Drive 55, an icon of car culture in American music, Sammy Hagar is a force. Undeniably his Van Halen years are the summit of hard rock's transition into the mainstream. Now with a new group, Chickenfoot, Sam has reestablished his roots in a blues based rock band one more time.

Perhaps tequila and cantina are not the best answer to a trivia question, but they are really great answers to how to turn your passion for great food and drink into businesses that you totally love. Sammy has done that. The continued success of the Cabo Wabo Cantinas in Cabo San Lucas and Lake Tahoe has led to the latest Cabo Wabo Cantina in Las Vegas, Nevada. Sammy and the Wabos will be there to celebrate the opening of the new Cantina in early December. But that will be Sam's second Vegas watering hole, the first is Sammy's Beach Bar and Grill in the McCarren International Airport. This is the start of a chain of restaurants, in partnership with Host International, that will bring a welcome dining experience to airports across America. Sam's profits fund local children's charities in these cities and continues a relationship with his fans of giving to those in need.

So with a new band, new restaurants opening, and a premium tequila that continues to grow in popularity, Sammy has a lot on his plate. No problem. He has the energy to power a small town and continues to expand the envelope of possibility. What's next? A new brand? A new song? Whatever it is will probably be a part of our lives as he has been a part of us for decades now.

TRACKLIST:

01. Winding Down (with Taj Mahal)
02. Not Going Down (with Bill Church & Denny Carmassi)
03. Personal Jesus (with Neal Schon, Michael Anthony & Chad Smith)
04. Father Sun (with Denny Carmassi & Aaron Hagar)
05. Knockdown Dragout (with Kid Rock, Joe Satriani, Denny Carmassi)
06. Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (with David Lauser, Mona Gnader & Vic Johnson)
07. Bad On Fords and Chevrolets (with Ronnie Dunn, David Lauser, Mona Gnader & Vic Johnson)
08. Margaritaville (with Toby Keith)
09. All We Need Is An Island (with Nancy Wilson & Mickey Hart)
10. Going Down (with Neal Schon, Michael Anthony & Chad Smith)(4:25)

Bitrate: 320 k
Genre: Rock
Subgenre: Hard Rock / Classic Rock
Size: 159.40 MB

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
159.4 MB
seeders:41
leechers:14