TOOL - 1991-xx-xx - Demo Tape - (Authentic) [FLAC]

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on June 28, 2014 by NYTaxiin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

• Artist: Tool
  • Format: flac - lossless

TOOL - 1991-xx-xx - Demo Tape - (Authentic) [FLAC] (Size: 145.97 MB)
 Tool - 1991-xx-xx - Demo Tape - Master - 0G - 04.flac30.71 MB
 Tool - 1991-xx-xx - Demo Tape - Master - 0G - 05.flac29.19 MB
 Tool - 1991-xx-xx - Demo Tape - Master - 0G - 06.flac25.68 MB
 Tool - 1991-xx-xx - Demo Tape - Master - 0G - 01.flac23.76 MB
 Tool - 1991-xx-xx - Demo Tape - Master - 0G - 03.flac19.19 MB
 Tool - 1991-xx-xx - Demo Tape - Master - 0G - 02.flac16.98 MB
 tool_demoA.jpg160.3 KB
 tool_demoB.jpg157.75 KB
 tool_demoF.jpg140.23 KB
 Tool - Demo Tape.txt3.66 KB

Description

Tool
xx/xx/1991
?, CA, USA @ Unknown Studio(s)

Source: Original Cassette Tape
Transfer: Cassette-M > Sony TC-WE425 > analog cables > Audiophile 24/96 > WAV > Traders little helper (FLAC > torrent) > YOU
Gen: 'Master'

www.collectiveunconscious.org

Notes regarding Torrent:
There have been several torrents of the "demo tape" by Tool, however, from what I can tell, all(?) are unsubstanciated copies sourced from 'someone else who has it' or 'I got it from someone else on CD' scenario. So, I figured it would be worthwhile to get the definitive transfer available. As such, this is the actual demo tape (that Tool sold out at their performances very early in their career). At one point I had two of these items but I parted with one to give to a good friend. There were or are, theoretically, at least a thousand of these floating around (actual # is not known but is low) & the actual cassette copies are actually quite sought-after as they are pieces of rock history. I ascertained this copy from someone who once was rather close to the band. There is no doubt that this is 100% legit. I included a couple pictures in the torrent file itself of the actual cassette + artwork. For a MP3 sample: http://www.collectiveunconscious.org/91_demo.mp3

Notes from cu.org: Tool's demo tape. They are studio quality but have a slight tape hiss to the them, which is actually pretty hard to pick out. Interesting if you want to hear the demo's. This was originally only in cassette format & was distributed at gigs. Soon, copies were made & they started spreading out. The demos even ended up on bootlegs like Sleep Forever. Word has it that they last one they gave out to a fan somewhere in the mid-west US during 1992 from the sound engineer or crew. Most copies of the demo tape are from MP3 source, this is not. There is a rumor that Tool did a cover of Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train but all that is - a rumor. Or, is it? Do you think there is a tight-sealed secret of an ozzy cover? Hmm. What evidence is there? Well, what about the unreleased Rage Against The Machine w/Tool collaboration entitled "Kill The Revolutionary" that features both bands? It is of rough quality & was a demo for the film Judgment Night but was not used nor did it make it on the soundtrack -- in case you don't know, back in 1992/1993. For those that have heard this; it is a very rough sounding recording. However, there are pristine, clear, beautiful copies of this available. Or is there? As a nod to my own musical interest, I would recommend the 'Judgement Night' soundtrack; it was one of the best. It featured mashups of metal/hip-hop (you can see why RATM/Tool did not make the cut) but it was interesting as it feautred bands like Cypress Hill w/Sonic Youth + Pearl Jam, Helmet w/House Of Pain & other metal/rap acts to collaborate on an album. Movie decent but not as good as soundtrack. Anyway, the songs below are the actual studio demos, nothing 'illicit' or really unreleased. This will hopefully give even the casual Tool fan a good kick in the ass. The intensity, passion & hunger is evident, clear & concise. I could not possibly recommend this any higher than I am at this point. Hope you enjoy it.

Note: There are quite a few counterfeit cassette copies floating around. Beware - eBay may not be your friend.
Note: I did not alter the recording in any capacity. The sound should be just as it was almost two decades ago... who else is feeling a tad old?

Time: 22:47

Setlist:
Original Cassette Demo

Side A
3:45 = Cold & Ugly
2:37 = Hush
2:56 = Part of Me

Side B
4:46 = Crawl Away
4:29 = Sober
3:57 = Jerk-Off

Notes: